New York Eyes Train Plan
- Metro Briefs. Compton, Josette D. // New York Amsterdam News;8/25/2005, Vol. 96 Issue 35, p3
The article presents news related to recent political developments in New York. U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton has announced that the Department of Homeland Security has awarded over $8 million in grants to 94 fire departments in New York. On August 16, 2005, the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone...
- THE LOCAL MONEY. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/30/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p0016
The article presents a break down of the Woodward rail project funding that amounts 528 million dollars. It says that 73 million dollars are from the sale of 125 million dollars in Capital Grant Receipts Revenue Bonds by the Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT). It states that 25 million...
- Co-firing Biomass. Hunt, Trotter; Tennant, David // Power Engineering;Nov2009, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p226
The article considers waste wood as the most common biomass. Against the backdrop of stringent legislation and generous grants and tax credits, utilities and independent power producers (IPPs) are reportedly considering biomass co-firing. Blended with coal, biomass allows utilities to use...
- Local Program Administrators Lobby Against Further Cuts. T. M. // Education Week;5/5/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p9
The article reports on the rejection of the U.S. Reagan Administration's call for substantial fiscal 1983 budget reductions in federal education programs. Members of the National Association of Administrators of State and Federal Education Programs lobbied to vote against the consolidation of...
- PDAC applauds extension. // Northern Ontario Business;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p15
Announces the decision of the federal government to clarify and extend the temporary Investment Tax Credit for Exploration in Canada until Dec 31, 2004 for the buy period and Dec 31, 2005 for the expenditure period. Aim of the program to provide funding for grassroots mineral exploration.
- Grant battle resumes. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2003, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p126
Reports on the enactment of a bill by the U.S. Congress on February 13, 2003 that included a grant to railroad company Amtrak. Cost of the grant; Proposal of the government to cut the 2004 grant; Decision of Caltrans to hire consultants.
- City makes $250,000 grant to light rail impacted merchants. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/22/98, Vol. 27 Issue 52, p1
Focuses on the grant to be given by the Salt Lake City, Utah government to merchants that will be affected by the city's light rail system project. Amount in grants to be given by the city government; Number of businesses to be affected by the light rail system project; Conditions of the grant...
- State receives $10M for new Bridgeport train station. Alvarez, Reece // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/2/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 44, p2
The article reports on the federal grant received by the government of Bridgeport, Connecticut to support the development of Barnum Station, a commuter rail station that would serve the east side of Bridgeport.
- Rough ride ahead. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2003, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p190
Reports on the lack of agreement between Austrian Federal Railways and the newly-elected government, a coalition of conservative and far-right forces, as of April 1, 2003. Possible cancellation of railroad projects due to a cut in government grant; Attitude of Austrian Federal Railways to...