- Accessibility to comprehensive higher education in Texas. Jones, Richard C.; Kauffman, Albert // Social Science Journal;1994, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p263
Conceptualizes the different dimensions of access to higher education and examines the nature of current spatial access to comprehensive universities in Texas. Inaccessibility of the Border Region of Texas to students; Impact of distance on Hispanic and Anglo students; How cultural and economic...
- STATE UPDATE. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2003, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p44
Reports developments related to education in U.S. as of April 2003. Cooperative agreement between Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Federico Santa Maria Technical University; Accreditation of the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program at Louisiana Technical...
- opinion. Izbicki, John // Education Journal;Jun2004, Issue 78, p14
Shares insights into the offering of sixth-form high flyers Open University degrees in various schools in Great Britain. Consideration of the Open University as the most important development in higher education; Courses offered by the university; History of the foundation of the university.
- Reflexiones sobre nuestra educaciÃ³n y nuestro desarrollo. Molins Pera, Mario // Revista de PedagogÃa;jul-dic2011, Vol. 32 Issue 91, p99
No abstract available.
- Why College Trustees? Dana, Ellis Huntington // Journal of Higher Education;May1947, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p259
The article reports on the duties of trustees and the ways of increasing their usefulness to the college or university they serve. The trustees are known to raise and invest funds, hold and manage properties, choose a president, help keep the educational programs in touch with the times, appoint...
- SAVING GUELPH'S ORGANIC MAJOR. Clark, E. Ann // Canadian Organic Grower;Summer2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p38
This article reveals the plan of the University of Guelph in Ontario to terminate the organic major and other innovative curricula. Particular focus is given to the enrolment policy imposed by the university on a major course. There are three goals that the Bachelor of Science Major in Organic...
- Degree Soup. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jun2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p27
The article discusses the effort of Meeting Professionals International to add college degree programs in meeting planning in the U.S. It was in the mid-1990s that the chapter decided it was time act while Janet Sperstad, chapter past president, said they are tired of training people. She added...
- The Credibility of the Credit Hour: The History, Use, and Shortcomings of the Credit System. Heffernan, James M. // Journal of Higher Education;Jan1973, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p61
The article discusses the development of the credit system in universities and colleges in the U.S. The development of the credit system in higher education involves the creation of the elective system and the standardization of the school curriculum and the promotion of college programs. The...
- It's never too late to dream of a college degree. Anderson, Lydia // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/24/2005, Issue 323417, p15
Focuses on the author's experiences in finishing college education in the U.S. Importance of desire in finishing a college degrees; Challenges faced by the author; Use of college admissions and counseling offices.