- New Marketing V-P at Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p120
Reports on the appointment of Linda Keene as executive vice-president of the marketing department at U.S. publishing company Scholastic. Responsibilities of the appointee; Experience of Keene in the financial services industry.
- Keene Takes on Scholastic Tasks. Burton, Stephanie // Brandweek;9/13/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 32, p38
Presents information on the appointment of Linda B. Keene as executive vice-president of marketing at New York-based Scholastic Inc. as of September 13, 2004. Responsibilities of Keene; Career background; Background on Scholastic.
- Scholastic counts on Potter's magic. Jain, Anita // Crain's New York Business;5/19/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
This article reports that a leading publisher of children's books, Scholastic Inc., like other publishers, has been hurt by a weak economy, a general slowdown in book sales and a pullback in education spending. The company Scholastic Inc. is depending on the release of the latest Harry Potter...
- Peopleï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/23/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on career developments in the educational publishing industry in the United States. Scholastic has appointed David Allender as vice president and editorial director for Scholastic Book Clubs. Career college operator DeVry Inc. has appointed Harvey Leffring as chief...
- Scholastic Education Division Improves On Read 180 Sales. // Educational Marketer;4/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p6
Education businesses at Scholastic Inc. in New York were a bright spot in a disappointing third quarter of fiscal 2004, ended February 28. Strong revenue and profit growth in Educational Publishing Corp., School Book Clubs and International, and progress in School Book Fairs, could not offset...
- DATAMONITOR: Scholastic Corporation. // Scholastic Corporation SWOT Analysis;May2010, p1
A company profile of Scholastic Corp., which is a global childrenï¿½s publishing, education and media company, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is provided which includes...
- News & Views. Tillotson, Laura // Booklist;9/15/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p52
The article presents information on several books being reissued in 2009 by various publishers, an early childhood literacy resource available from the children's educational publishing firm Scholastic Inc., and the Rabbit Hill Festival of Literature which is scheduled to be held in Westport,...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;06/04/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the appointment of executives in the publishing company Scholastic Inc. Bernette Ford as the Editorial Director of Special Projects; Involvement of L. Spencer Humphrey as the director of mass merchandise book product; Addition of the title of vice president, deputy publisher to Ellie...
- People... // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p7
Presents news concerning executives in the educational publishing industry as of November 3, 2003. Executive appointments made by Scholastic Inc.; Decision of David Smith to join the board of directors of 4GL Solutions which provides management solutions for K-12 special education.