Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Investcorp in $350M Deal for Thomson Media. // American Banker;10/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 196, p25
Reports that Thomson Corp. and Investcorp announced that they had signed a definitive agreement under which Investcorp will purchase Thomson Media, the publisher of "American Banker," for $350 million in cash. Description of Thomson Media and Invest Corp.; Details of the transaction.
- ProQuest to buy company. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;6/16/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that Ann Arbor, Michigan-based ProQuest Co., which produces database software for libraries, researchers and education, has signed a deal to buy Cary, North Carolina-based Dialog Corp., an online information-retrieval-system company owned by Thomson Reuters Corp. It reports...
- ProQuest spies growth with Serials Solutions. Pickering, Bobby // Information World Review;Sep2004, Issue 205, p8
Deals with the decision of information aggregator ProQuest Information and Learning to acquire Serials Solutions, a supplier of e-journal management software. Terms of the merger deal; Services offered by ProQuest; Significance of the acquisition to the business growth of the company.
- ProQuest Acquires WebFeat, Will Merge with Serials Solutions. // American Libraries;Apr2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the acquisition of WebFeat, a pioneer of federated search technology, by ProQuest. It is reported that ProQuest intends to merge WebFeat with its business unit based in Seattle, Washington, Serials Solutions, a developer of electronic resource (e-resource) access and...
- ACQUISITIONS. // Computers in Libraries;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p47
This section presents news briefs on several acquisitions made by information service companies in the U.S. as of September 2004. Information Today Inc. announced the acquisition of the publishing assets of Faulkner Technical Reports Inc., a diverse line of information products known as Faulkner...
- ProQuest Acquires ExploreLearning And Grows Revenue 3% In 2004. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the acquisition of ExploreLearning by ProQuest Information & Learning in Charlottesville, Virginia. Production of online simulations or manipulatives for math and science; Terms involved in the transactions; Other business plans for the development of the company.
- ProQuest Acquires SIRS Publishing. // Information Today;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the acquisition of SIRS Publishing Inc. by ProQuest Information and Learning. Background of the two companies; Benefits of the merger to the two companies.
- Reed Elsevier Sells Bowker to CSA, ITI. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the sale of R.R. Bowker, a division of publisher Reed Elsevier. Acquisition of the company by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, a privately owned information company, and publisher Information Today, Inc.; Formation of Bowker LLC; Details of the sale; Comments of Micheal Cairns, former...
- Wall Street 'Frenzy' Aiding Consolidation Of Textbook Industry. Rothman, Robert // Education Week;11/5/1986, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the consolidation activities within the textbook industry in the U.S. C.B.S. Inc. announced its plans to sell its publishing arm. Some educators expressed concerns that consolidation might lower overall quality by forcing smaller publishing houses out of the market....