Von Hoffmann Corp. To Be Merged Into Jostens Holdings
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;6/9/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 18, p8
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR), DLJ Merchant Banking Partners, and certain management stockholders have agreed to sell 10 million shares of Rockwood Holdings, about 14 percent of shares outstanding, via a secondary offering. Rohm and Haas...
- An Uphill Battle to Bag The Biggest LBO Ever. MacFadyen, Ken; Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p64
The article presents information on several leveraged buyouts in the U.S. as of April 2007. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) and Texas Pacific Group (TPG) plan to acquire TXU for $45 billion. DLJ Merchant Banking Partners and Morgans Hotel Group acquired the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas,...
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;11/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 37, p6
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry. Rockwood Holdings has announced plans for a secondary offering of shares of common stock owned by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, DLJ Merchant Banking and other management stockholders. Eastman Chemical plans to invest $200 million to...
- Advanstar's New Reach. Schwartz, Matthew // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/15/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p14
Reports that Advanstar Communications Inc. will be able to draw from a $5-billion investment fund created by DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP. Use in financing future acquisitions; Rank in the business-to-business trade show and publishing industries; Sale to the investment partnership Hellman...
- DLJ snares Advanstar. // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p4
Discusses the business status of Advanstar Communications company after its acquisition by DLJ Merchant Banking Partners company. Information on DLJ; Background on Advanstar.
- Tyson Offers to Buy IBP for $4.2 Billion. Gregorio, Cesaltine // Bank Loan Report;12/11/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Focuses on the buyout offer of Tyson Foods company for IBP company. Why Tyson stated it would not need to take out a loan to pay for the purchase; Details on other offers received by IBP; Effect of the bid on the syndication of a support financing for DLJ Merchant Banking Group company.
- Advanstar Acquired By DLJ and Execs. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/12/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 70, p18
Reports on DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP and Advanstar Exhibitions management's completion of the acquisition of Advanstar, owner of various trade shows and periodicals. Terms of the agreement; Advanstar's fashion and apparel groups.
- DLJ unit to buy Advanstar for $900M. Callahan, Sean // B to B;08/28/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the agreement of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners LP to acquire Advanstar Communications. Significance of the deal for validating Advanstar's business plan and business-to-business media; Launching of the expansion strategy for the company.
- DLJ Merchant Banking Partners Completes Acquisition of RathGibson. // Welding Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p6
The article highlights the plans of DLJ Merchant Banking Partners of New York, a private equity investment affiliate of Credit Suisse, to acquire RathGibson Inc. from Castle Harlan. RathGibson is a specialty manufacturer of highly engineered premium stainless steel and alloy welded tubular...