- Steinbeck's Golden State. // Scholastic Scope;3/3/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 13, p5
The article offers information regarding author John Steinbeck.
- Steinbeck remembered. Tuttleton, James W. // New Criterion;Mar95, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Discusses the works of writer John Steinbeck. Decline of his popularity upon his death; Two books on Steinbeck; Approach to writing; Plot of `The Pastures of Heaven'; Personal and professional background; Awards won; Friends; Attitude toward individualism.
- Collector's Corner. McKittrick, Rosemary // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p25
Profiles author John Steinbeck. INSET: Current Values for Steinbeck First Edition Books.
- Steinbeck's Light. Wyatt, David // Southern Review;Spring2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p399
Analyzes the character and techniques of author John Steinbeck. Significance of his last words to his wife; Background on his fear of the dark; Way in which Steinbeck regards images expressed in his poems.
- Lines on the Face: John Steinbeck. Soutar, Barbara; Summers, Mark // North American Review;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 287 Issue 5, p52
This article presents a drawing of writer John Steinbeck and several anecdotes concerning his features and personality.
- JOHN STEINBECK Unlikely Voice of the American Struggle. Harmon, Melissa Burdick // Biography;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p78
Profiles American author John Steinbeck. Passion for writing since childhood; Educational attainment; Marriages; Literary prizes won. INSET: Steinbeck Onscreen.
- Author.. John Steinbeck..1902â€“1968. // Monkeyshines on America;Nov2001 U.S. Events From 1920-1940, p28
Provides information about American author John Steinbeck. Educational attainment; Written works; Awards received.
- A BARD for the Powerless. Rogers, Lisa // Humanities;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p7
Talks about 'Bard of the People: The Life and Times of John Steinbeck,' a national presentation of exhibitions, public programs and publications celebrating the centenary of author John Steinbeck across the United States in 2002. Inspiration for his characters and theories; Theme of the book...
- Prince of Tides. Gilbert, Bil // Smithsonian;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p95
Profiles author John Steinbeck, in light of the 100th anniversary of his birthday. Discussion of Steinbeck as an environmentalist; Success of his books, including 'The Grapes of Wrath'; Biographical information.