- Steinbeck's Golden State. // Scholastic Scope;3/3/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 13, p5
The article offers information regarding author John Steinbeck.
- Steinbeck remembered. Tuttleton, James W. // New Criterion;Mar95, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Discusses the works of writer John Steinbeck. Decline of his popularity upon his death; Two books on Steinbeck; Approach to writing; Plot of `The Pastures of Heaven'; Personal and professional background; Awards won; Friends; Attitude toward individualism.
- Collector's Corner. McKittrick, Rosemary // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p25
Profiles author John Steinbeck. INSET: Current Values for Steinbeck First Edition Books.
- Steinbeck's Light. Wyatt, David // Southern Review;Spring2002, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p399
Analyzes the character and techniques of author John Steinbeck. Significance of his last words to his wife; Background on his fear of the dark; Way in which Steinbeck regards images expressed in his poems.
- Lines on the Face: John Steinbeck. Soutar, Barbara; Summers, Mark // North American Review;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 287 Issue 5, p52
This article presents a drawing of writer John Steinbeck and several anecdotes concerning his features and personality.
- JOHN STEINBECK Unlikely Voice of the American Struggle. Harmon, Melissa Burdick // Biography;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p78
Profiles American author John Steinbeck. Passion for writing since childhood; Educational attainment; Marriages; Literary prizes won. INSET: Steinbeck Onscreen.
- Author.. John Steinbeck..1902â€“1968. // Monkeyshines on America;Nov2001 U.S. Events From 1920-1940, p28
Provides information about American author John Steinbeck. Educational attainment; Written works; Awards received.
- Prince of Tides. Gilbert, Bil // Smithsonian;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p95
Profiles author John Steinbeck, in light of the 100th anniversary of his birthday. Discussion of Steinbeck as an environmentalist; Success of his books, including 'The Grapes of Wrath'; Biographical information.
- STEINBECK AND CHARLEY. Higbee, Paul // South Dakota Magazine;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p74
The author reflects on the lessons from the Missouri River trip of writer John Steinbeck with his dog named Charley in 1960 published in the book "Travels With Charley." He mentions that he sensed the enormity of the continent when he retraced sections of the trip like Steinbeck. He notes the...