Lerner Publishing Makes Two Acquisitions
- Lerner Nabs Millbrook. By Staff // School Library Journal;Sep2004, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the acquisition of the imprints, the Millbrook Press and Twenty-First Century Books, by Lerner Publishing Group in September 2004.
- Millbrook Puts Library Imprints on Block. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/15/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 50, p8
Reports on the plan of Millbrook Press to sell its two library imprints, Millbrook Press and Twenty-First Century Books, in order to focus on its trade imprint Roaring Brook Press. Reason for the decision to sell the two imprints; Action taken in preparation for the sale; Number of backlist...
- Reynolds Joins Lerner Publishing. // Publishers Weekly;9/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 37, p12
Announces the appointment of Jean Reynolds as associate publisher at the Lerner Publishing Group in September 2004. Acquisition by Lerner of Millbrook Press Inc. and Twenty-First Century Books; Office location where Reynolds will be based; Responsibility.
- Millbrook results up in first quarter. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p16
Reports on Millbrook Press enjoying an increase in trade sales for the first quarter ended October 31,1997. Sales figures; The company's purchase of Henry Holt's Twenty-First Century Books unit.
- Millbrook Press Not Deterred By Collapsed Negotiations With DK. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p5
Reports that Connecticut-based firm Millbook Press will pursue its plan to create a children's fiction imprint. Hiring of Simon Boughton to head the unit; Other key appointments; Failure of effort to acquire Dorling Kindersley's DK Ink backlist.
- For The Millbrook Press, The Destination's The Same But The Route Has Some New Turns. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p1
Reports the investments of the Millbrook Press in the U.S. Corporate revenues; Publication of quality books; Agreement with Simon & Schuster company.
- Millbrook has solid six months. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the financial performance of Millbrook Press for the six-month ended January 31, 1999. Factors contributing to the publishing firm's growth of revenues; Additions to the firm's titles; Expected growth of the firm in the second half of its fiscal year.
- Sales, earnings gain at Millbrook. J. M. // Publishers Weekly;3/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p13
Reports a rise in sales at Millbrook Press for the second quarter ending January 1998. Improvement attributed to increased trade, special sales and results at Twenty-First Century Books.
- Millbrook Firms Up New Imprint. Britton, Jason // Publishers Weekly;1/8/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p14
Presents update on Millbrook Press as of January 8, 2001. Formation of children's trade imprint, Roaring Brook Press; Role of Deborah Brodie for Roaring Brook Press; Millbrook's expansion of its Copper Beech and Twenty-First Century imprints.