Warehouse, Currency Issues Trip Penguin Profits In First Half 2004
- Penguin First Half Sales Down Despite Better DK Performance- Execs Forecast Stronger Second Half. // Book Publishing Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p5
Reports the sales performance of publisher Penguin Group in the U.S. Operating profit of Penguin; Forecasts of the third and fourth quarter sales; Effects of the release of the book 'Red Rabbit,' by Tom Clancy on the company.
- Coming to Terms with Trade Publishing. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the plan of publishing company Penguin to lessen its dependence on low-margin to improve profits in 2006. The company will continue to invest in more first-time authors and work to improve sales of backlist. The need to boost profits is one reason the company has adopted a...
- Candlewick Moving Distribution to RH. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;11/22/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 47, p14
Reports that Candlewick Press will shift its back-of-office U.S. operations to Random House Distribution Services (RHDS) from the Penguin Group starting April 1, 2005. Reason behind the company's decision to change distributors; Publishers that have moved to RHDS.
- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...
- First Half Offers Mixed Results for Leading Publishers. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the financial performance of several publication companies in the first half of 2008 in the U.S. Harlequin recorded a decline of $11.1 million in revenue due to the weak economy. HarperCollins' operating profit increased by $7 million compared to the same period in 2007....
- Pearson Warns Investors About Penguin's Fourth Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;1/24/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the financial performance of Penguin Group in the book publishing industry. Corporate revenue; Mass market of the company; Factors that affect the financial performance of the company.
- Earnings Jump at Major Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/12/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 36, p4
Reports on the three major publishing companies in the U.S., Random House, Penguin Group and HarperCollins, that posted profit gains in the first half of 2005. Percentage increase in total profits of the companies; Reason for the decline in sales at Random House; Factor to which the increase in...
- Pearson Hits Targets, Looks for Stronger Finish. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the financial results of several publishing companies for the first half of 2002. Information on the book group revenues at Pearson Inc.; Total revenues of Penguin Group; Expectations from the children's group and the education group at Penguin Putnam Inc.
- Results Up at Penguin, Pearson Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the sales and profits of two publishers in the first six months of 2001. Total sales at the Penguin Group; Sales and revenues of Pearson Education. INSETS: Perl Promoted at Penguin;Pfeffer Joins Pearson Education.