Market Efficiency and the Arena Football League: A Note
- Football pool participants: Meet enhanced indexing. OLSEN, KEVIN // Pensions & Investments;9/16/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p8
The article differentiates active and passive football betting.
- Match Rigging and the Favorite Long-Shot Bias in the Italian Football Betting Market. Rossi, Marco // International Journal of Sport Finance;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p317
In this empirical study, I compared the results of matches played in the Italian football league Serie A with the odds offered by bookmakers. I found that the market odds were good predictors of the actual game results, but I also found that the distribution of returns for odds' subgroups...
- It runs deep and dangerous. Layden, Tim; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;11/18/96, Vol. 85 Issue 21, p18
Presents an essay about the investigation into the gambling of football players at Boston College in 1996. How the coverage of the event will help enlighten the public about the accessibility of gambling to athletes; The fine line between betting and fixing a game; The counseling service of...
- Replacing the autarky factor prices with the corresponding post-trade prices. Madresehee, Mehrdad // American Economist;Fall93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p53
Proves two theorems which make it possible to conduct tests to support the Deardoff model of factor-proportions theory of trade by replacing autarky factor prices with the corresponding post-trade prices. Limitations of Deardoff's results in their empirical applicability; Basis of Deardoff's...
- Consistent estimation of Armington demand models. Davis, George C.; Kruse, Nancy C. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug93, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p719
Provides a method of removing inconsistencies encountered during the use of the Armington trade model. Bases of Armington trade model; Goals behind disclosing deficiencies of model; Primal system solution; Comparison with traditional Armington application.
- CEO locus of control, strategic planning, differentiation, and small business performance: A test... Nwachukwu, Osita C. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p9
Examines a path analytic model of the relationships among chief executive officer (CEO) locus of control, futurity in strategy-making, structural differentiation and economic performance. Theoretical background; Propositions; Variables and measures; Implications.
- Applied scale development: Measurement of store image. Reardon, James; Miller, Chip E. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Fall95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p85
Discusses the need for the development of measures that can be used in an applied domain. Difference of applied scales from scales used for scientific research; Applied scale for retail managers to assess store image; Priorities.
- Everybody loves football season. Nover, Stephen // International Gaming & Wagering;Sep2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on the revenue increase posted by online gambling companies during football season. Forecasts on the growth of football betting in the National Football League and college football; Information on a sports betting syndicate composed of poker players called The Pokers; Services offered...
- Need a Tout? Kurson, Robert // Esquire;Sep2003, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p112
Focuses on tout services for football betting in the U.S. Features of the tout service; Evidence on the difficulties faced in betting; Sources of tout for football.