Panorama of NASDAQ Stock Bubbles and Aftermath
- Utah Tech Watch. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/17/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p29
Comments on the drop in the value of the NASDAQ Stock Exchange Composite Index in 2000 due to the sell-off of technology stocks. Comparison between the performances of the Nasdaq and the Dow Jones Industrial Average; Decline in the share prices of Internet companies; Author's recommendation of...
- Flying high now. Cintron, Ivan // Black Enterprise;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p41
Takes a look at the performance of technology stocks at the Nasdaq market in late 1999 and early 2000. Reasons for the price increase of technology stocks; Outlook for the stock performance of some technology-based companies.
- Tech Gloom Weighs On Stocks, FX. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the decision of Merrill Lynch to drop its recommendation on the global semi-conductor sector. Forecasts on the revenue growth of the technological industry in 2005; Performance of the semi-conductor equities according to Merrill Lynch; Decline in the stock activity of Nasdaq.
- Stocks Pause; Nasdaq Lags. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/30/2015, pA01
1 Indexes gave back a bit of the week's gains. The Nasdaq fell 0.4% with a slide in chips and telecoms. The S&P 500 eased less than 0.1%. Small caps lagged again as the Russell 2000 slid 1.1%. Transportation stocks rebounded. Volume fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury rose 7 basis points to...
- Weekly Advance Is A 1st For '15. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/26/2015, pB02
1 The 4-day week ended in a wobbly session Fri, but the eurozone's QE rally Thu., a new round of China stimulus Wed. and a firehose-steady stream of quarterly reports drove stocks to their 1st advance in 4 weeks. The Nasdaq rolled up 2.7%, the S&P 500 1.6%. Both ended above their 50-day lines in...
- Orbiting Wall Street. // Satellite News;10/16/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p8
The article offers news briefs on the high technology industry. For more than 30 days, common stocks of Spacehab Inc. have closed to below the Nasdaq National Market's minimum of $1 per share. Mobile satellite communications operations of Nera ASA, which include Nera Satcom AS and European...
- The Cutting Room Floor. Flaherty, Robert J. // Equities;Sep2000, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the unprecedented growth of the Nasdaq Stock Market in the United States. Increase in the value of its technology stocks; Total market capitalization as of July 31, 2000; Proliferation of new corporate listings; Rise in value of the market's existing companies.
- The Stock Market: What a Difference a Year Makes. Kwan, Simon // FRBSF Economic Letter;6/1/2001, Vol. 2001 Issue 17, p1
Analyzes the behavior of the United States stock market and the NASDAQ composite from 1995 to 2000. Domination of NASDAQ by technology firms; Factors that contributed to the rise and fall of NASDAQ stocks; Question on the use of stock price valuations; Weighted average five-year earnings...
- Venture investors loyal as tech stocks plummet. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;4/17/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p1
Informs that most venture capital investors are hanging on to their holdings as high tech stocks in the Nasdaq market drop. Internet stocks that hit new lows; Increased volatility of the Nasdaq possibly leading to cuts in allocations.