A Comparative Analysis of the Influence of Country Characteristics on Service Investments Versus Manufacturing Investments
- Investment Overview. // Azerbaijan Country Review;2001/2002, p67
Presents information on investments from the United States in Azerbaijan as of July 1999. Requirements for American investors to participate in the country's economy; Documents needed for investors; Protection of property rights.
- The international investment position of the United States in 1995. Scholl, Russell B. // Survey of Current Business;Jul96, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p36
Presents the major changes in American assets abroad and in foreign assets in the United States. Net international investment position of the United States at yearend 1995; Bank claims; Foreign securities; US official reserve assets and other US Government assets; Foreign official assets; Bank...
- Direct investment positions on a historical-cost basis. Lowe, Jeffrey H.; Bargas, Sylvia E. // Survey of Current Business;Jul96, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p45
Discusses the US direct investment positions on a historical-cost basis. Growth of US direct investment abroad; Foreign direct investment in the United States; Changes in geographic composition since 1982; Shares of host countries; Shares of investor countries.
- U.S. net international investment position, 1995. // Business America;Aug96, Vol. 117 Issue 8, preceding p1
Reports on net international investment position of the United States in 1995. Direct investment; Negative position valued at current cost and at market value; Capital inflows for foreign net purchases.
- Notes on U.S. foreign investment and Latin America. MacEwan, Arthur // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jan94, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p15
Examines aggregate trends in the United States' foreign investments and its impact on recipient countries, particularly in Latin America. Rising financial activity; Relative importance of manufacturing; Cheap labor; Globalization phenomenon; Implications of the trend in foreign investment.
- Factors Influencing U.S. Investment Abroad. DeWitt, R. Peter // Business Forum;Summer86, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p12
Examines the factors influencing United States investment abroad. Changes in the economic structure; Public policy decisions; Impact of foreign investment on host countries.
- Custodians meeting new challenges. Giudice, John // Pensions & Investments;9/19/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p19
Discusses a number of difficulties faced by investors and their global custodians participating in non-American financial markets. Difficulty of investing; Valuation problems; Liquidity; Operational risk assessment; Corporate governance; Securities lending.
- US business targets Africa. // African Business;Apr99, Issue 242, p6
Cites the United States and Foreign Commercial Service's report on the large-scale expansion of American businesses in the African region.
- Foreign direct investment makes record. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;9/19/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p13
Reports on the increase in American companies' foreign direct investment (FDI) in Puerto Rico. Result of reinvestment of earnings in operations and expansions; Access to Eastern Europe as economies continue to grow; Opportunities for multinationals' FDIs; Total investments in manufacturing...