Increasing Market Efficiency: Evidence from the NASDAQ
- US stock market volatility persistence: evidence before and after the burst of the IT bubble. Cuñado, J.; Gil-Alana, L.; Gracia, F. // Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting;Oct2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p233
In this paper we test whether the US stock market volatility presents a different behavior before and after the burst of the IT bubble. Using long range dependence techniques we examine the order of integration in the absolute and squared returns in three daily stock market indices (DJIA, S&P...
- Nasdaq Lags As Stock Market Closes Lower. JUAN CARLOS ARANCIBIA // Investors Business Daily;3/ 7/2014, p00
The article reports that Nasdaq has fallen by 0.4% after the U.S. stock market closes lower on March 9, 2014.
- Nasdaq Surges To New High. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/15/2014, pA01
1 The Nasdaq advanced 1.7%, erasing all of Mon.'s loss. The S&P 500 popped 1.1%, while the Dow added 0.7%. Volume fell across the board. Steep reversals were a characteristic of 2013's market and appear to be continuing so far in 2014. The 10-year Treasury yield rose 4 basis points to 2.87%.
- Tough Week, Optimistic Finish. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/10/2014, pB02
1 The market correction deepened through Wed., then scored 2 sizable gains to leave the Nasdaq up 0.5% for the week and flush with its 50-day moving average. The S&P 500 gained 0.8%, ending below 50-day support. Volume was weak. Oil finished the week up 2%. Gold gained 2%, silver spiked 4%, and...
- Bull? Bear? Lemming! Sloan, Allan // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);3/17/2003 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 141 Issue 11, p52
Discusses business cycles in the United States and the stock market as of March 17, 2003, in light of the NASDAQ closing almost 75 percent below the March 10, 2000 peak of the bull market. Concern about people investing in bonds and bond funds as a safe haven in a bear market; Mention of...
- The Amazing Loss of Control. Byrne, John A. // Traders Magazine;May2005, Vol. 18 Issue 239, p24
Discusses the issues confronting the market makers of Nasdaq Stock Market in the U.S. Prevalence of market makers facing bankruptcy; Failure of Nasdaq management to take positive steps for market makers; Role of market makers in the success of Nasdaq.
- Nasdaq unveils new options market. Clary, Isabelle // Pensions & Investments;5/14/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the effort of the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (Nasdaq) to finalize the model of its Nasdaq Options Market in the U.S. The effort allows the opening of the trading venue which is created for the new penny quoting system ushered into the...
- Crocs IPO Rallies on Wall Street. Newman, Eric // FN: Footwear News;2/13/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p2
This article reports on the start of the trading of footwear company Crocs on the Nasdaq in February 2006. Share prices opened at 30 U.S. dollar a piece, well above the targeted initial public offering range of Crocs of 19 to 20 U.S. dollars a share. The 9.9 million share offering was worth 208...
- Skeptics Scoff at Nasdaq Plan to Create ETF Market. // Money Management Executive;7/30/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the possibility for the Nasdaq Stock Market to follow the New York Stock Exchange and the American Stock Exchange by creating a division focused solely on exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and index-linked notes will not succeed in boosting ETF volume. The journal "Investor's...