EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer
- Estenosis congÃ©nita de colon con retenciÃ³n de cuerpos extraÃ±os. Informe de un caso. Galván-Montaño, Alfonso; de Lourdes Suárez-Roa, María; Carmona-Moreno, Erika // Cirugia y Cirujanos;may/jun2010, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p261
No abstract available.
- 2008 - Review: Combinations of clinical findings had moderate sensitivity and specificity for diagnosing the irritable bowel syndrome. Bursey, Ford // ACP Journal Club;3/17/2009, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p11
The article deliberates on the accuracy of individual symptoms and combinations of clinical findings for diagnosing the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Studies conducted compared individual symptoms or combinations of clinical findings with investigational tests like colonoscopy, barium enema or...
- APPROPRIATENESS OF COLONOSCOPY AND BARIUM ENEMA IN THE INVESTIGATION OF COLORECTAL DISEASES. Al-Gailani, M. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA41
This article focuses on a study related to appropriateness of colonoscopy and barium enema in the investigation of colorectal diseases. Appropriateness of barium enema and colonoscopy in the diagnosis of colorectal disease is essential for the rational utilization of available resources in NHS....
- Colonoscopy better than barium enema? Vaizey, Carolyne // Pulse;5/27/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 21, p80
Answers questions on colonoscopy and barium enema. Sensitivity rate of barium enema and colonoscopy; Miss rate of colonoscopy for adenomas; Information on how to increase the accuracy of barium enema.
- Clearing the way for colonoscopy. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;06/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p156
Offers advice on how to get the best result from a barium enema during colonoscopy. Cleanliness of the colon; Bowel preparation; Diet and water intake; Laxatives.
- Microscopic Colitis. Pardi, Darrell S. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;May2003, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p614
Provides information on microscopic colitis, a term used to describe a group of patients with chronic diarrhea, normal findings on endoscopy, and barium enema, and inflammation on colonic biopsy. Main subtypes; Association of microscopic colitis with abdominal pain and mild weight loss; Treatment.
- Survey update on implementation, indications, and technical performance of computed tomography colonography in Sweden. Fisichella, Valeria A.; Hellström, Mikael // Acta Radiologica;Jan2010, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p4
Background: Computed tomographic colonography (CTC) has gained increased acceptance in the last few years as a valid substitute for double-contrast barium enema (DCBE). However, implementation of new technologies is complex, since several factors may influence the process. Purpose: To evaluate...
- Cystic lymphangiomas of the colon. Sato, Koichi; Maekawa, Takeo; Yabuki, Kiyotaka; Tomita, Natsumi; Eguchi, Masanobu; Matsumoto, Michio; Sugiyama, Noriyoshi // Journal of Gastroenterology;1999, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p520
Abstract: We report a patient with cystic lymphangiomas diagnosed by endoscopic ultrasonography and resected by partial polypectomy. A 42-year-old woman consulted a nearby physician because of a positive fecal occult blood test. Barium enema and colonoscopy revealed the presence of...
- Using Reimbursement to Improve Colonoscopy Quality. Feldman, Ronald E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2011, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p802
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Relative sensitivity of colonoscopy and barium enema for detection of colorectal cancer in clinical practice," by D. K. Rex and colleagues in the 1997 issue.