Measurement of vitamin D levels in inflammatory bowel disease patients reveals a subset of Crohn's disease patients with elevated 1, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D and low bone mineral density
- Hypopara thyroidism with Hypophosphatemia. Lordon, Robert F.; McPhaul Jr., John J.; McIntosh, Duncan A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May66, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p1066
Presents the case of a woman who developed postoperative hypoparathyroidism and subsequent prolonged vitamin D intoxication. Overview of serial blood analyses in the woman with surgical hypoparathyroidism; Values for 24-hour urinary excretion; Results of a nighttime calcium infusion test.
- Recombinant parathyroid hormone shows promise for hypoparathyroidism. // Endocrine Today;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p9
The article highlights the work done by Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons researchers where they discovered that serum calcium concentrations was maintained while supplemental calcium and vitamin D requirements were reduced in patients with hypoparathyroidism by a human...
- Vitamin D in hypoparathyroidism with medullary carcinoma of the thyroid. Paterson, C.R. // British Medical Journal;4/9/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6066, p952
Examines the vitamin D resistance in hypoparathyroidism with medullary carcinoma of the thyroid. Association of parathyroid hormone, calcitonin and vitamin D; Causes of extreme vitamin D resistance; Determination of plasma concentration of calcitonin.
- Glucocorticoids double risk of severe vitamin D deficiency. // Reactions Weekly;11/19/2011, Issue 1378, p4
The article reports on a study conducted in the U.S. which found that oral glucocorticoid therapy doubles the risk of severe vitamin D deficiency, especially in children.
- Privacy vs security in the HIPAA environment. Chenoweth, Don // Behavioral Health Management;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p54
Focuses on the impact of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 on the business of health care. Evaluation of the privacy of health care information; Standardization of health care; Modification of regulation for the uniqueness of health care. INSET: Summary of HIPAA...
- Helping patients access high quality health information. Shepperd, Sasha; Charnock, Deborah // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/18/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7212, p764
Deals with the development of consumer health information. Sources of consumer health information in Great Britain; Tools for assessing the quality of consumer health information.
- High-Quality Online Health Resources. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p424
The article reports on the availability of online health resources for consumers, health professionals, and health planners on the Web sites of several organizations including the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care, the Canadian Coordinating Office for Health Technology Assessment,...
- Preface to the special issue on personalization for e-health. Grasso, Floriana; Paris, Cécile // User Modeling & User-Adapted Interaction;Oct2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4/5, p333
A preface to the journal "User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction" is presented.
- The Rotterdam Local Health Information System 1987â€“2000: from Rebus and the health barometer to the health monitor. Swart, Wim; Bleeker, Jan; de Haes, Willy // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;2002 Supplement 59, Vol. 30 Issue s59, p63
In this article the development of the Rotterdam Local Health Information System is sketched. Started as an offspring of the Healthy Cities Project of the WHO, the focus was very much on neighbourhoods. The data were presented by a software program, REBUS Vision. It was relatively new to gather...