help your child beat the bullies
- School kids suffer in silence. M. W. // Gay Times (09506101);Oct2006, Issue 337, p74
The article focuses on a report released by the National Society for Protection of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) of Great Britain which revealed that teachers and parents are failing to address homophobic bullying in schools. The ChildLine of the NSPCC have received 218 calls relating to sexual...
- Kids who think Dad works too much more likely to bully. // Tennessee Tribune;2/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p11B
The article reports on the bullying behavior of school children due to lack of attention from parents.
- Do You Have a Question for Jared? // Children's Digest;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p20
Addresses a question on how to overcome bullying of overweight children in school.
- Reality Check. Thompson, Trisha // Parenting;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p137
Answers questions about parenting in the U.S. Information on what should a father do when he is out with his daughter and his daughter has to use the bathroom; Discussion on how to maintain closeness between couple and at the same time, spending quality time with their baby; Details on what...
- A Bully's Bystanders Are Never Innocent. Coloroso, Barbara // Education Digest;Apr2005, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p49
Highlights the bystanders on bullying in schools. Background on bullies; Role of bystanders in bullying; Significance of encouragement to children who defend bullied children.
- trying to fit in. Brodkin, Adele M. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
The article offers tips on how parents and teachers can help a child not to be neglected in school. A six-year-old boy who is not as ease with physical activities, experienced being left out by other boys. An expert explains that young children exhaust their own fears of being an outsider by...
- is your child a bully? Garth, Jennifer // Good Health (ACP Publishing PTY Limited);May2010, p82
The article discusses the effective ways to deal with a child's bullying behavior. It is suggested to talk to child's teacher to investigate whether a child is a bully. It is recommended to create a home environment for children. It is advised to explain to the child that it hurts and is unkind...
- Foiling a bully. Marshall, Jon // Parenting;Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p186
Presents tips for parents on how to teach their children in dealing with bullies.
- Responsabilidad civil parental por acoso escolar del hijo menor de edad en Colombia. MARCELA ESTRADA JARAMILLO, LINA; ANDREA P�REZ REND�N, NATALIA; SALDARRIAGA VANEGAS, JENNIFER; HERRERA CASTA�EDA, DAVID; ALEXANDRA D�AZ HURTADO, DIANA // Revista de la Facultad de Derecho y Ciencias Pol�ticas;2012, Issue 116, p253
The birth of a child means moral, economic, and educational responsibilities for the parents, which arises from the duties of solidarity and family dependence. These aspects impose a specific legal duty on the parents to monitor and educate their child, which becomes more significant in cases of...