Massachusetts Creates Agency to Aid School Building Backlog
- Resourceful expansion. // American School & University;Feb2007, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on construction enlarging two high schools in Wheaton, Illinois. The Wheaton Warrenville Community School District 200 undertook the two-year project to replace mobile classrooms and provide more space in main buildings. The project architect was Legat Architects, Inc., of...
- N.J. expected to propose plan to kick off urban school building. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30760, p32
Reports on the expected unveiling by New Jersey lawmakers of a proposal addressing school construction in urban districts. Press conference at New Brunswick; Legislative leaders attending; Undisclosed specifics of the announcement.
- After Ethics Offenses in Ohio, Ex-Official Leads Ark. Study. Borja, Rhea R. // Education Week;4/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p22
A former chief of Ohio's school construction program, who was found guilty of violating state ethics laws last year, is heading a school facilities study in Arkansas. Randall A. Fischer, the former executive director of the Ohio Schools Facilities Commission, is the program manager of a $9...
- Mowlem misses the bell on new schools. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;9/21/2005, Vol. 430 Issue 6543, p4
Reports on the delays being faced by Mowlem in its construction of grouped schools private finance initiative in Exeter, England. Cost of the project; Impact of the delay on students; Causes of the delays.
- Modular Schools. // Education Digest;Sep1962, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p59
The article focuses on the plans for the construction of modular high schools in California. An erector-set approach to school construction is being planned at Stanford University's School Planning Laboratory. Called the modular plan, it is a standardized system of school construction in which...
- Contracts. // Contract Journal;7/26/2006, Vol. 434 Issue 6585, p5
The article presents information on the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) initiative which proposes to revamp every secondary school in England and Wales. The scheme represents phase one of the Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council's BSF plans and it lists the initiative as one of its seven...
- Two for PFI school. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;5/22/2002, Vol. 413 Issue 6378, p10
Provides information on a plan to construct several school buildings in Sheffield, England. Budget allotted by the British government on the construction project; Details of school construction contracts; Discussion on the building condition of several schools in Sheffield.
- Four vie for Â£10m PFI London schools work. Thisdell, Glenda // Contract Journal;7/17/2002, Vol. 414 Issue 6386, p10
Reports on the competition among contractors for a privately financed schools scheme in Croydon, London, England. Companies in contention for the construction contract; Nature of the construction project; Basis for the selection of a contractor for the project.
- News. Bill, Tom // Contract Journal;3/7/2007, Vol. 437 Issue 6615, p58
The article provides information on a school building project at Heartease in Norwich, England. The school building is being built by Kier Eastern as part of Norfolk County Council's Norwich Schools private finance initiative programme. Heartease is one of six school projects being undertaken by...