Analysts Watching US Airways Impact of Pittsburgh Airport
- Las Vegas popular despite airline woes. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;9/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the status of airlines in Nevada. Disadvantages experienced by airlines in the area; Financial problems facing National United and U.S. Airways.
- Hub Airports Remain Concerned By US Airways Financial Problems. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p1
Features the report released by Standard & Poor's detailing the continued concerns it has about the effects of US Airways' financial problems on three major hub airports. Airport most likely to be affected by the airline's near-term challenges.
- US Airways alters fares structure. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/10/2004, Issue 2613, p9
Reports that US Airways has simplified its domestic fares structure in preparation for a no-frills onslaught in Great Britain.
- US Airways offers services to Pittsburgh from Stewart. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/2/2001-7/16/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p41
Reports that airline company US Airways Express will offer service to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania from Stewart International Airport. Schedule of the start of the service.
- AIRLINE outlook. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/9/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p23
Reports developments on airline industry as of September 2002. Resume of operations for US Airways Express carrier the former Midway Airlines; Rename of Newark airport to Newark Liberty International; Profits of Air New Zealand for the year ending June 30.
- US Airways to start flights to Charlotte. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p2A
Announces the plan of U.S. Airways to increase its service offerings at Manchester Airport in New Hampshire. Economic benefits of the addition of round-trip flights between Manchester and Charlotte, North Carolina; Upgrade in the aircraft to be used in selected flights.
- Twin City airport fight for flights. // Business North Carolina;Apr2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p15
Deals with the disagreements on airport flights between the US Airways Express company and Smith Reynolds Airport company. Background of the companies in the airline industry; Information on the commercial flights of the companies.
- US Airways Agrees to Maintain Hub Service at Pittsburgh Airport. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31740, p1
Reports on the agreement of US Airways to maintain hub operations at Pittsburgh International Airport in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Modification of flight schedules; Completion of negotiations over lease agreements; Approval of relief on lease payments.
- Shuttle America Shuffles West. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep2002, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p37
Reports the joint ventures of Shuttle America, Winsor Locks and the U.S. Airway Express in the U.S. Resolution on the hustles on major airports; Maintenance of the original service of airline; Plans of airline to recruit 154 staffers.