Hospital Cap Coming
- Leading the Way. Gearon, Christopher J. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p58
Discusses the Dirigo Health initiative of Maine Governor John Baldacci to provide universal health care coverage to state citizens by 2010. Participation of several hospitals in the project; Limit on the growth of health costs; Views of several health care stakeholders on the project.
- State to Put Cap on Hospital Expansion. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2004, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p28
Reports that Maine Governor John Baldacci has issued emergency rules that will set limits on the finances hospitals can devote to capital projects in the state in 2005. Key cost containment measure outlined in Baldacci's Dirigo Health Reform Act.
- Universal solution. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;5/26/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p6
Reports that Maine legislators took up a plan by Governor John Baldacci to roll out universal health insurance in his state as the hospital community took actions regarding a proposal that would regulate hospital revenue and expenses. Implication of the program, called Dirigo Health Insurance;...
- Healthcare's Maine man. Reilly, Patrick // Modern Healthcare;11/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p32
Presents information on Maine Governor John Baldacci. Information on his mother Rosemary Baldacci; Discussion on the proposed legislation that would provide healthcare coverage to uninsured Maine residents; Political career of Baldacci.
- Maine's Medical Gamble. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the health care program Dirigo for Maine residents introduced by state governor John Baldacci and his health policy adviser Trish Riley in 2003. Role of small business owners in the success of the program; Introduction of the Dirigo Choice health coverage for small-business at the...
- Perk patrol. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;6/12/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 24, p7
Lists some of the gifts offered to Representative John Baldacci (D-Maine), who promised to turn down all gifts from lobbyists when he came to Washington. Gifts include two trips to the Mideast, two tickets to Baltimore's Camden Yards, a trip to Europe, four National Hockey League tickets, a...
- ME Gov. Baldacci, CT legislators honored at HRC Gala Dinner. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;11/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p3
The article reports that Governor of Maine, John Baldacci, and members of the Connecticut legislature were honored on November 14, 2009, at the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 2009 Gala Dinner.
- Living with an allowance. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;9/6/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the challenges being faced by hospital officials in Maine after Governor John Baldacci announced that Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield will be the state's partner in carrying out Dirigo Health, a public-private partnership designed to cover state residents by 2009. Reason for...
- Governor Supports Maine CU Efforts. // Credit Union Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Reports on the support given by U.S. Governor John Baldacci to Maine's credit unions. Aim of the Maine's credit union.