- The perfect present. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p31
The article highlights trends relevant to the furniture industry in Great Britain as of December 2005 citing optimism of increased sales during the Christmas season. Furniture industry executives made varying comments regarding the industry including added customers, increased trade and profits.
- Las Vegas Retailers Face Tougher Odds. Harmon, Andrew; Boye, Tyler; Brown, Rachel // DNR: Daily News Record;8/25/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 34, p1
The article focuses on retail trade in Las Vegas, Nevada in the year 2008. Many retailers say that there has been a decrease in customers. According to some retailers, they are relying heavily on international tourists. Retail categories like automobile sales, furniture and discretionary goods...
- Retail sales fall. // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2008, Issue 5618, p8
The article reports on the trend of retail sales in Great Britain in November 2008. The BRC-KPMG sales monitor shows that the retail sales values have declined by 2.6%, compared to 1.2% increase in November 2007. Despite heavy discounting, the furniture and big-ticket home wares sales have...
- November sales warm up. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p6
The article focuses on the increase in sales in the furniture industry during November 2005 in Great Britain. The research conducted by British Retail Consortium shows that November 2005 was the strongest month since March 2005. Trading in all retail sector rose by 0.8 percent during this...
- February sales fail to please. // Cabinet Maker;3/10/2006, Issue 5478, p6
The article reports on the weak sales of furniture in Great Britain in February 2006. The furniture sale drop occurred after the January discount period. Consumer confidence was still weak amid concerns about personal finances with shoppers remaining wary of committing to larger housing-related...
- In credit. // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p8
Looks at changes in credit application process and its significance to the retail furniture industry. Chartered trust's linking of its ME 2U credit processing system into the Internet; Findings of a study commissioned by First National Tricity Finance which showed that customers using retail...
- Shoppers not deterred by terror attacks on London. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p3
Reports on the positive reaction of furniture retailers despite the terror attacks in London, England. Citation of a survey indicating the get-on-with it attitudes of both retailers and consumers; Anticipation of retailers for a fall in visiting consumers; Acknowledgement of retailers to the...
- Major retailers support consumer safety net. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p1
Reports on the growing number of furniture retailers in Great Britain that have expressed support for a consumer payment protection scheme.
- Customer protection: Lord Kirkham says yes, small retailers no. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;02/16/2001, Issue 5225, p2
Reports a consumer payment protection scheme supported by DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham in Great Britain. Concerns of smaller furniture retailers about the potential cost; Views of Kirkham on the issue; Effect of consumer protection scheme on smaller retailers.