Roylance on leave
- Board first for Cookes. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p4
Reports on the appointment of Craig Roylance as marketing director and David Cox as financial director of Cookes Furniture Co. in England. Schedule of the opening of the Renka Living section in the Christchurch area; Information on the contemporary Renka store in Sutton Coldfield.
- How Family-Friendly is: Lowe's Companies Inc. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p24
Focuses on the family-friendly business of Lowe's Cos. Inc., retailer of home improvement products and services in Indianapolis, Indiana. Leave of absence for bereavement, military duty and personal situations; Range of health and welfare benefits for full-time employees; Fairness Programs...
- Industrial wins. // SDA Newsletter;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p7
The article presents three cases which demonstrate how the Shop, Distributive and Allied Employees' Association (SDA), an association of retail workers in Queensland, helped its members fight their rights against their employers. The cases include a back pay for incorrect job level rate, a...
- Bergren takes medical leave. // Home Textiles Today;5/24/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p2
Reports on The Bon-Ton Stores Inc. vice chairman Bryon Bergren's plan to take a medical leave for a health condition that will require surgery.
- Vacation policies around the globe. Frazee, Valerie // Personnel Journal;Oct96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 10, Global Workplace p9
Presents a sampling of vacation and leave polices and practices in several countries. Data compiled by the London, England office of ECA International.
- By your leave. // Executive Report;Jan1994, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p6
Surveys employee leave policies in the United States. Percentage of employers allowing 12 weeks of leave; Percentage of employers making a requirement to exhaust leaves; Percentage of employers expecting employees to take the initiative.
- Written rules prevent employee-leave woes. Feeley, Lisa // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/30/97, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p38
Answers a question on employee leaves in the United States. Types of leaves of absence; Length of leaves; Portion of leave that will be paid; Date when the employee is required to return; Documentation requirements.
- Managing employee leaves of absence in the '90s. Hood, Michael A. // Orange County Business Journal;12/09/96, Vol. 19 Issue 50, pA-7
Focuses on employees' leave of absence in California. Passage of the Family Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act; When must employees be granted medical leaves of absence; When must employers pay for medical leaves; When must an employer reinstate an employee to work after...
- Winnipeg to save by mandating Christmas downtime leaves. // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;12/16/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the plan of the city of Winnipeg, Manitoba to mandate unpaid leave for non-essential services of 3.5 days between December 24, 2013 to January 1, 2014.