Is there a missing link?
- FULFILLMENT. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p48
The article features several third-party logistics (3PL) companies. AtLast Fulfillment provides innovative outsourcing solutions for warehousing, fulfillment and customer care with leading-edge technology infrastructure to support e-commerce. Materialogic, a 3PL provider for e-commerce, catalogs...
- A FEW NEW NORMALS. // Furniture/Today;10/18/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p2
In this article, the author offers tips for the furniture industry on how to get engage with customers including making an online presence as shoppers use the Internet to search the companies, embracing technology and emphasizing on customer service and supply chain.
- HOW FOURTH-PARTY LOGISTICS PARTNERS CREATE VALUE. BARROWS, TREVOR // MHD Supply Chain Solutions;May/Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p56
The article reports on the fourth-party logistics provider (4PL). Topics discussed include the options for logistics providers when under market pressure such as outsourcing and integration, the importance of outsourcing and integration, and the supply chain management. Also mentioned are the...
- A Simulation Model to Analyze the Impact of Outsourcing on Furniture Supply Chain Performance. Eksioglu, Burak; Eksioglu, Sandra; Jilie Zhang; Mingzhou Jin // Forest Products Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p258
As increasingly more companies outsource to Asia, US furniture companies' supply chains are becoming longer. To make their logistics networks more efficient, companies need to choose the right supply chain model, promote cooperation with their partners in the supply chain, and adopt new...
- A Nation of Warehouses. Biederman, David // Traffic World;4/26/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the regional warehousing network of Con Agra Foods in Omaha, Nebraska. Evolution of warehousing facilities; Sophistication of warehouse management systems and streamlined business processes; Comprehension of the demands of customers and supply chain costs. INSET: Into the pool.
- Outsourcing by numbers. Saxena, Rajiv // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jan2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p26
The article offers information on the findings of various studies related to the growth of third-party logistics (3PLs) industry in the U.S. According to a 2004 survey of third-party logistics by Northwestern University and Accenture, at least 80 percent of large manufacturers use 3PLs...
- THE RISE OF THE 3PW. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p61
Presents information on the trend of third party warehousing. Estimated growth of outsourced warehousing; Percentage of companies that outsource logistics services; Benefits of third party warehousing.
- Outsourcing: When It Works and When It Doesn't. Andel, Tom // Material Handling Management;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the issue of outsourcing warehousing functions discussed at a panel discussion of the Northeast Ohio WERCouncil. Importance of proper preparation for the success of an outsourcing relationship; Decision of Advanced Elastomer Systems to outsource its warehousing; Other factors that...
- On Measuring Supplier Performance Under Vendor-Managed-Inventory Programs in Capacitated Supply Chains. Ki-Seok Choi; Dai, J. G.; Jing-Sheng Song // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Winter2004, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p53
As widely accepted performance measures in supply chain management practice, frequency-based service levels such as fill rate and stock out rate are often considered in supply contracts under vendor-managed- inventory (VMI) programs. Using a decentralized two-party capacitated supply chain model...