LoL sells 50% stake to Furniture parent
- Furnitureland rescue deal. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2005, Issue 5451, p3
Reports on venture capitalist owner, SB Capital's investment in Furnitureland. Total amount invested by SB in Furnitureland; Challenge for Furnitureland to persuade credit insurers to underwrite the suppliers; Furnitureland suppliers' rejection of a voluntary creditors agreement.
- Stancroft ups LoL and ScS stake. // Cabinet Maker;4/4/2008, Issue 5582, p3
The article reports on the increase in investment company Stancroft Trust's shareholding in Land of Leather (LoL) and ScS. Stancroft has grown its stake in both firms, from 3.5% shares of LoL in January to 13.02% whereas its shares in ScS have grown from 3.20% in January to 8.36%. Both companies...
- Flotation for Land of Leather. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p4
Reports on the plan of SB Capital Europe to make a return to its investment in Land of Leather in Great Britain. Percentageof stake acquired in the retailer; Amount paid by SB Capital for its shareholding; Positive impact of the flotation on the Land of Leathe's management.
- Rumours rule in wait for figures. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;3/2/2007, Issue 5527, p6
The article reports on the ups and downs of share prices of various companies in Great Britain. Land of Leather gained 15p to 272p, but is about 22 percent below January 2007's high. ScS is down to 399p before recovering to 427. Despite a downbeat outlook, Beale gained 8p to 70p on full-year...
- readers talk. // DRIP Investor;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
Presents queries on investment in stocks in October 2002 issue of the journal 'DRIP Investor.' Discrepancy in quarterly statements of two individuals who purchase shares each quarter; Authority to be contacted for the transfer of one's investments; Suggestions on investing in various stocks;...
- Aberforth shareholders to vote on restructuring. // Fund Strategy;7/11/2011, p8
The article reports on the plan of Aberforth Geared Capital & Income investment trust's shareholders to vote on a suggestion for reconstructure.
- LoL surprises with dividend payout. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p6
The article focuses on the share prices of Land of Leather. The company gained 5p and announced an interim dividend of 2p. However, analysts wanted to know the reason behind the refusal of a third-quarter trading update by the company. The company had experienced the second-quarter slowdown. The...
- Analysts' targets lift market mood. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p6
The article discusses the share price status of furniture industry in Great Britain. Homestyle dropped from 21 share price to 93 share price and the figures were unsatisfying for the August 2006 period. Marks & Spencer PLC has invested 10 share prices which showed ahead of interim figures for...
- Demerger details fail to restore GUS. // Cabinet Maker;4/14/2006, Issue 5483, p6
The article reports on the share performance of corporations involved in furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. GUS company lost 58 percent after confirming the demerger of the group into Argos Retail and Experian while Kingfisher PLC lost 14 percent after rumor mongers failed to...