Texas Judge Says Court May Rule On Education Funding: Trial Date Set
- School finance system ruled unconstitutional. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/3/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p2
The article reports on the decision of Travis County District Judge John Dietz that Texas school finance system is unconstitutional.
- Judge rules school financing unconstitutional. HILSENBECK, KIM // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);2/20/2013, Vol. 110 Issue 47, p3B
The article reports on the ruling of State District judge John Dietz which states that the funding mechanism in Texas for public education violates the constitution of the state by not providing enough money to school districts and failing to distribute the money fairly.
- Texas Judge Rules Funds Not Enough. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;9/22/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
This article reports that a Texas judge declared the state's beleaguered school funding system unconstitutional, largely because it fails to close the achievement gap between white and minority students. In his comments before handing down the ruling September 15, District Judge John Dietz said...
- School finance lawsuit back in court. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/22/2014, Vol. 115 Issue 43, p3B
The article reports that Texas Judge John Dietz heard testimony about the public school finance lawsuit after his preliminary verbal ruling in 2013 that the Texas system used to finance public education was inadequate and unconstitutional.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p14
A list of results of negotiated sales of government securities in the U.S. is presented. Deals include financing bonds issued by the Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency, special tax bonds purchased through negotiation by Stone & Youngberg LLC from the Menifee Union School District...
- MASSACHUSETTS: MSBA's Big Plans for '07. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p39
The article reports on the plan of the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) to issue bonds to help finance school construction in 2007. The authority intends to issue nearly $1 billion bonds and about $500 million of commercial paper to help construct school facilities throughout the...
- Judge overturns Texas school finance system. Vrazel, Julie // Texas Agriculture Magazine;9/19/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on overturning of school finance system in Texas by John Dietz, District Court judge, Austin, for violating Texas Constitution, inequality in funds' access to students and inadequate education, and presents the views of Regan Beck, Assistant General, Texas Farm Bureau (TFB).
- Ohio Governor Offers Glimpse of 'Austere' 2010-11 Budget. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/29/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33051, p19
The article reports that Governor Ted Strickland has offered a glimpse of deficit-tackling budget proposals for 2010-2011 that would undertake a $7 billion deficit through spending cuts and federal stimulus funds in Ohio. Strickland also announced an overhaul of the state's preschool through...
- Leading the way. Ruth, Heather // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p3A
Presents a year-end review of the municipal finance market in the United States. New issues raised in 1997; Approximate amount raised; Increase in issuance of bonds for infrastructure projects; Breakdown of bond issues according to purpose; Claims that the United States municipal finance market...