Citizens Bank, Federated to Merge Michigan Muni Funds
- Equities steal focus from muni funds; managers see December turnaround. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;11/25/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30528, p5
Reports on the developments in the United States municipal bond fund market in October 1998. Net inflow for municipal funds; Tax-exempt bond funds' net cash flow; Effect of falling bond prices on the value of the funds' assets; Figures from the Investment Company Institute.
- Going Longer to Do Better. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32484, p1
The article reports on the statement of Jeff Kozemchak, a senior vice president and portfolio manager at Federated Investors Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, regarding the maximization of the value of municipal bond mutual funds by extending their durations for select income opportunities....
- Federated Rolls Out Tax-Efficient Fund. // American Banker;9/26/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 186, p6
Federated Investors Inc. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, began selling a new fund Thursday. The Federated Municipal and Stock Advantage Fund--one of the first open-end mutual funds to combine tax-exempt municipal securities and qualifying dividends--is designed to benefit from tax-reform...
- Citizens Bank of R.I. taking the plunge in funds. Plasencia, William // American Banker;5/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 86, p12
Reports on Rhode Island's Citizens Bank's sale of Putnam and Fidelity mutual funds through its branches. Total assets; Benefits of the program to the bank holding company; Launching date of the program in Massachusetts and Connecticut; Competitor in the market; Selection of CoreLink Financial...
- Charter One, Ohio's largest thrift, gets into the mutual fund game. Plasencia, William // American Banker;1/31/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the entry of Charter One, Ohio's largest thrift bank, into the mutual fund business. Reasons; Experience in selling investments; Business plan; Margins in the sale of mutual funds; Bank profile; Assets; Number of branches.
- Weekly Reporters Post $444M of Net Outflows. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2007, Vol. 262 Issue 32757, p35
The article reports on the weekly market performance of municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. According to AMG Data Services, municipal bond mutual funds had a net outflow of $444 million during the period ending November 14, 2007. Meanwhile, fund tracker Arcata reported that the results were...
- Weekly Reporters See Inflow of $269.6 Million. Fine, Jacob; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p7
The article discusses the AMG Data Services' report on the increase of net inflows into weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds to $269.59 million for the week ended August 2, 2006. The net inflow represents approximately 73 percent of the assets in all municipal bond funds. Meanwhile, the...
- Muni Funds Bounce Back Thanks to Falling Interest Rates. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p6
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond mutual fund in the U.S. during the third quarter of 2004. Nature of the funds that did the best during the quarter; Sensitivity of insured funds to changes in interest rates; Factors aiding tobacco bond performance.
- Week's Inflows Drops to $289 Million From $1.21 Billion. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p6
The article reports that the inflows into municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S. declined in the last week of January 2009 as the municipal market drifted lower. According to AMG Data Services, investors poured $289 million into municipal funds during the seven days ending January 28. The...