Florida County Revisits Bridge Project, But Delay Doubles the Price Tag
- Island to island. Rosengren, Maureen // Concrete Products;Oct97, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p32BB
Discusses the construction of a bridge that will connect Pearl Harbor, Hawaii to Ford Island, a 450-acre island within the harbor. Development plans for the island; Project cost; Contractors awarded `design-build-maintain' contracts.
- Both sides are talking. Fuhrman, Russ // Roads & Bridges;Nov2003, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p26
Details the progress of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge project in Maryland and Virginia as of November 2003. Design of the bridge; Joint venture building the bridge's bascule drawbridge; Mitigation program implemented to compensate for unavoidable impacts to environmental resources.
- SPANs for Spans: Bay Area Agencies Team Up to Finish Bridge Retrofits. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/21/2007 Deal of the Year Awards, Vol. 362, p34
The article focuses on a bond deal of Bay Area Infrastructure Financing Authority (BAIFA) in San Francisco, California that won the Far West large-issuer category in the Bond Buyer's annual Deal of the Year awards. BAIFA issued $972.3 million of state payment acceleration notes that allowed it...
- Virginia. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/24/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30194, p28
Presents news items about municipal bonds in Virginia. Tour of the crumbling Woodrow Wilson Bridge to convince House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bud Shuster to provide federal funds to replace it; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s credit rating of the Fairfax County Water...
- WAM BAM. // Contract Journal;9/21/2005, Vol. 430 Issue 6543, p9
Reports that the temporary steel road bridge linking the north and south peninsulas on the A92 in Scotland is due for demobilisation in November 2005. Size of the bridge.
- The Deformation Analysis of the Curved Box Girder Bridges under Different Radius. Liu Fangping; Zhou Jianting // Modern Applied Science;Apr2012, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p71
This paper investigates the influence of radius on the deformation of curved box girder bridges under the action of pre-stressed tendons. A spiral pre-stressed concrete box girder bridge in Chongqing is analyzed by using nonlinear finite element program ANSYS. The five different curved bridge...
- Chicago Clears Path for Bond Sales Including Skyway-Backed Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p36
Reports on the Chicago City Council's approval of the proposed sale of new senior lien and subordinated debt backed by Chicago Skyway tolls, and new and refunding general obligation debt. Value of the deals; Proposed renovation of the toll bridge that links Chicago to Indiana.
- WASHINGTON: Tacoma Span's Boffo Opening. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p9
The article reports on the opening of the $849 million bond-funded Tacoma Narrows Bridge on July 16, 2007. The bridge has set a new record for electronic tolling with more than 73 percent of drivers using the electronic toll lanes during the morning commute. The Washington Department of...
- NEW YORK: Making an Old Bridge New. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/22/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33285, p9
The article reports on the plan of the Nassau County Bridge Authority in New York to market the 10.9 million dollar of tax-exempt bonds to retail investors in a move to rehabilitate a draw bridge in Long Island.