Munis Weaken 5-7 Basis Points: Treasury Sells $11 Billion of TIPs
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Little Changed Despite Economic Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal and Treasury markets showed little change despite economic data. Treasury market remained near its opening levels. The 10-year note yield declined by one basis point to 4.58%. The core price index for...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, August 2. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Presents charts depicting municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004.
- Austin Selling $118M in Four-Part Deal for Very Different Uses. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p7
Reports on the approval of a plan to issue a debt in the market by the City Council of Austin, Texas. Utilization of the i-Deal Parity electronic bidding platform in the sale; Decision to sell public improvement bonds, certificates of obligation, and public property finance contractual...
- Midwest's Modest Volume. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p1
Reports on the decline in the overall municipal bond issuance in Illinois. Improvement in the tax-exempt sales; Reluctance of municipalities and states to take on new debts; Speculation for a decline in the issuance.
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- Municipals Rise on Coattails Of Continuing Treasuries Rally. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market rose on October 14, 2004, as Treasuries continued to rally, stimulating tax-exempt buyers-particularly relative-value payers and tender-option bond programs-to step up their bids and come off the sidelines. Impact of rising oil prices and speculation that...