Housing Case 'A Big Mess'
- U.S. BANK HEADS INTO PRIVATE PRACTICE. // CardLine;6/12/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p3
The article evaluates the Healthcare Payment Management Essentials service for private-practice physicians from U.S. Bank.
- Employee Incentives Drive U.S. Bank's Expansion. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p3
Focuses on the expansion of Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bank. Four San Diego, California-based local banks acquired by the company; Aggressive merger strategy employed by bank to propel its growth; Sales incentive program offered by the bank to its employees including bonuses and stock...
- Meeting your customers halfway. Fryer, Bronwyn // PC World;Nov95, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p31
Focuses on the efforts of the US Bank to cut operating costs without sacrificing efficient customer services. Offer of convenience banking services; In-branch kiosk as one of the popular mode of convenience banking; Advantages of installing integrated services digital network (ISDN)-capable kiosks.
- Non-bankers desired for new in-store branches. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p21
Focuses on developments related to banks' supermarket-based branches in Las Vegas, Nevada. Factors affecting the banks' practices in hiring employees for supermarket-based branches; U.S. Bank's employment of non-bankers.
- U.S. Bank: a major player and an e-commerce pioneer. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/3/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p3
Features the U.S. Bank, a major player and electronic commerce pioneer in Utah. Nature of the company; Offer of Internet banking services; Details of the business operation.
- U.S. Bank Readies San Diego Bus Ads. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;8/17/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 158, p3
Reports on the plans of U.S. Bank to launch a `Let Us Introduce Ourselves' transit advertising campaign in San Diego, California in August 2000. Description of the advertisement.
- U.S. Bank Data Delivery Evolving. // American Banker;12/23/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 244, p19
Focuses on the evolution in data delivery services provided by U.S. Bank to its business customers. Features added by the bank; Company from which the bank outsources its messaging work; Evolution in the form of electronic mails delivered to customers.
- U.S. Bank Resumes 0% Rate Offer. // American Banker;6/17/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 115, p7
U.S. Bank, a subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp of Minneapolis, Minnesota, has resumed its offer of a 0% introductory rate for six months on its credit cards. The bank said that the offer generated a great response during a two-month promotion that began in January 2003. The 0% rate is available to...
- U.S. Bank names district manager for SL area. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/18/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p8
Announces the appointment of Kareina Westlund as district manager and senior vice president of retail banking for U.S. Bank in Salt Lake , Utah. Background of Westlund.