DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Presents a chart depicting the changes in the bond transaction of several states in the U.S. as of July 26, 2005.
- Approval Rate Hits Modern Record. Albano, Christine // Financial Planning;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the debts approved by U.S. citizens for government projects for the first half of 2004. Percentage of approved debts; Total amount of approved debts for bond issues; Factors that affect the high volume of approved public debts.
- Maine Readies Its Annual Plain-Vanilla GO Bond Sale. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p32
Reports that Maine is preparing for its annual general obligation (GO) bond sale of about $130 million in fixed-rate tax-exempt and taxable debt. Approval of the plain-vanilla GOs in two separate bond referendums; Final maturity of the debt to be just under 10 years.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, July 12. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p2
Highlights U.S. government securities prices as of July 12, 2005 closing.
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p56
Presents statistical figures on the performance of United States government bonds as of May 28, 2004. Approval status of bonds from Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington; Underwriter choice; Expected date of sale.
- EFFECTS OF FEDERAL VOLUME CAPS ON STATE AND LOCAL BORROWING. Kenyon, Daphne A. // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p81
In response to the explosive growth in private activity bond volume beginning in the 1970s, the Tax Reform Act of 1986 imposed state-by-state limitations (volume caps) on the issuance of most private activity tax-exempt bonds. Private activity bonds help finance mortgages, industrial development...
- Far West Issuance Skyrockets 60% in First Half. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32694, p1
The article reports on the rise of municipal debt issuance in the far west region of the U.S. during the first half of 2007. The volume indicates up more than 60 percent and according to Thomson Financial data, bond sales in the region surpassed $56 billion in the said period. Refunding activity...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p6
Presents graphs depicting swap rates of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of November 9, 2004.
- Dallas Sets Up $200M Debt Mix for Competitive Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p30
Reports on the participation of the city of Dallas, Texas in a competitive sale with a package of double-A plus general obligation, contractual obligation notes, and combination tax and revenue certificates of obligation. Sale of the package with bids due by 10 a.m. Central Standard Time; Rating...