As Predicted, Philadelphia Agency Defaults on $46M of Insured Tax-Lien Debt
- Lien on me. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/16/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 34, p5A
Presents a list of names of property owners facing tax liens in Suffolk County, New York. Enforcement of the law for tax liens; Role of the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development on the payment of taxes.
- Suffolk County Tax Lien Sale. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/8/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 55, p1
The article presents information related to tax lien sale in Suffolk County, New York. According to the treasurer's office, an unpaid overdue debt taxes of the following several tracts, lots, pieces or parcels of land arising from the tax levy of 2006/2007 are thereby charged and imposed under...
- LEADS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/14/2012, p11
The article lists several legal transactions in California as of December 14, 2012 including real estate transactions, bankruptcies, and tax liens.
- Adopt more user pay fees. // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;4/14/2014, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p3
The article offers taxation-related news briefs in North America in April 2014 including the $60 charge levied against a registered Tax Notification Lien in Calgary, Alberta, the charges paid by property owners for the advertisement of delinquent taxpayer and beach property taxes in Florida.
- Connenticut Readies $215 Million Sale for Transportation Infrastructure. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Reports on the plan of Colorado to sell multi-million dollars in special tax obligation bonds on two days in November 2002. Contribution of the sale proceeds for state's transportation infrastructure program; Grade of ratings given to the deal by different ratings agencies; Details of the...
- Philly Controller Introduces Plan To Shift Burden of Real Estate Tax. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31259, p1
Focuses on the plans of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania controller Jonathan Saidel to shift the burden of the city's real estate taxes from building owners to owners of vacant land. Opposition raised by Philadelphia mayor John Street; Impact of taxation plan on land developers.
- Tax liens: a novel application of asset pricing theory. Jarrow, Robert A.; Tyagi, Vikrant // Review of Derivatives Research;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p181
Although relatively obscure, the market for distressed real estate tax liens exists in over 30 U.S. states, with a market size estimated to be around 20 billion dollars. While this niche asset class is relatively unknown to academics, internet advertising hypes tax liens to the populace as...
- Tax scofflaws lien-ed on. Goldstein, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;10/26/98, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p3
Reports that three New York City property tax lien sales have generated $425 million in new revenue. Delinquency rate on city property taxes; Lessons learned from lien sales; Plans to sell 100 commercial and residential properties with unresolved tax liens to the general public in November...
- Editorial. Dewar, Margaret // Journal of Urban Regeneration & Renewal;Dec2007-Feb2008, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p225
The author suggests ways by which residents and city leaders can help improve quality of life as property moves into and out of abandonment. He offers statistics on empty buildings or vacant lands in U.S. cities. He describes the character of the city that emerges from the process of...