New York Lawmakers Pass Bill to Ease Pension Fund Payments by Localities
- Munis Strengthen as New Issues Start to Sell. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/11/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34642, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were slightly stronger at mid-session, according to traders, as the first big deals of the week came to market.
- Evanston, Ill., Considering $112M Pension Deal to Plug Shortfall. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p36
The article reports that Evanston, Illinois is considering to issue up to $112 million of pension obligation bonds as one of several strategies to plug a $140 million pension fund shortfall. According to the report, the city's unfunded police and fire pension funds are among the top challenges...
- Is Now the Time for Pension Funds to Form a Monoline Insurer? Harper Jr., Eugene W. // Bond Buyer;6/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32900, p38
The article presents views and insights of the author concerning monoline insurance in the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the author, the Bond Buyer's own reporting, supplemented by extended coverage in the financial media, has focused attention on how the market might produce...
- Oklahoma Pension Fund Earnings Drop Sharply. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/3/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34372, p1
A consultant's report shows that earnings for Oklahoma's seven public pension funds fell steeply from the previous year. State Treasurer Ken Miller said the drop was not unexpected but should guide policies in the future.
- Connecticut, Stratford officials are eager to discuss town's pension bond plan. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;07/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30429, p5
Reports that representatives of Stratford, Connecticut will meet with state officials to settle question regarding legality of the town's plan to issue $95 million in taxable pension obligation bonds. Concerns over the town's unfunded pension liability; Review of the measure by the Office of...
- Report warns pension liabilities could place put 'significant strain' on Atlanta. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p6
Cites Research Atlanta's watchdog report warning about the impact of unfunded pension liabilities in Atlanta, Georgia on operating funds. Potential challenges to higher user fees for maintaining municipal bond floats; Financing plan from Mayor Bill Campbell.
- Interest in pensin obligation bonds may increase in wake of market turmoil. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p39
Reports that municipalities' rush to finance unfunded pension liabilities with the proceeds of taxable bond issues is likely to increase, according to speakers at the 1998 New England Public Finance Conference. Use of pension funds to eliminate growing liabilities; Consideration of issuing...
- Cincinnati to issue tax-exempts to pay pension fund debt. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30834, p3
Reports that the state of Cincinnati plans to sell tax-exempt, unlimited-tax general obligation bonds. Use of the proceeds to pay off liability to the Ohio Police and Fire Pension Fund; Underwriter assigned to handle the negotiated sale of municipal bonds.
- Council pension levels may scupper flexibility. Broom, Douglas // Public Finance;05/03/96, p4
Reports that British Treasury may veto plans to introduce local flexibility into the local government pension scheme. Reason for the action; Average fall of council funding level; Comments of Treasury on the proposal.