MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, July 26
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p7
Lists competitive and negotiated note and bond offerings in the United States as of August 19, 2005. Description; Amount; Time of sale; Financial advisor; Legal opinion; Maturity date; Insurer; Ratings.
- Munis Follow Treasuries Higher After Release of Weak Job Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds for June 2, 2004. Factors influencing the increase in municipal bonds; Decline in tax-exempt bond yields; Additional jobs outside of the farm sector; Federal Open market Committee's increase of its target federal funds.
- Chicago Gets Committee OK For $1.5B. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p1
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plan to issue a series of new-money and refunding general obligation (GO) and revenue deals and a commercial paper (CP) program in April 2004. Finance Committee's endorsement of authorization of up to $500 million of GO and emergency center GO bonds; City officials'...
- Concern With Heavy New-Issue Supply Leads Municipals Down. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p2
Reports on the impact of heavy new-bond issue supply on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Decrease in the price of municipal bond; Yield on two-year notes and ten-year notes; Effect of low personal income and consumer expenditures report on government bond market.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p35
The article presents the changes in the ratings of selected municipal bonds in the United States as of July 28, 2006. They include the ABAG Finance Authority for Nonprofit Corporations, California's revenue bonds, Anchorage, Alaska's general obligation bonds, and the Connecticut Health and...
- Municipal Prices Firm, But Activity Is Limited Ahead of Key Jobs Data. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/1/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32102, p2
The article reports that municipal bonds firmed on March 31, 2005, unable to ignore the third straight day of gains in treasuries as relative value players returned to the market, but activity and willingness to bid higher for bonds was limited by the key employment report due on April 1, 2005....
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32177, p33
Presents data concerning the U.S. economy and municipal bond market as of July 19, 2005. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Fall After Mixed Performance Last Week. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p39
The Bond Buyer, a periodical, yield indexes mostly fell in the week ending June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose up to two basis points on June 6 and two to five basis points on June 2. Treasury bonds' prices fell on June 2 when reports indicated that the May Institute for Supply Management...
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...