N.J. High Court OKs $2.7B Deal
- The Real Scandal Is Illegal Borrowing. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;7/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the contract bonds adopted by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and the New Jersey courts. Provision on public debt under the New Jersey Constitution; Information on the fund borrowed by the governor for the fiscal-year 2005 budget; Disadvantage of borrowing fund from contract bonds.
- New Jersey GOP Seeks To Block Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p1
Reports on the plans of Republican legislators in New Jersey to sue the administration of Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey seeking an injunction to prevent the sale of deficit bonds. Total amount of the deficit bonds; Reason behind the sale of deficit bonds; Purpose of the increase in...
- N.J. Eyes $2B Referndum. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the consideration of a bond referendum issuance by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Total amount of bonds the Governor proposed to issue; Proceeds of the sale; Condition on the inclusion of the referendum in the 2004 ballot.
- New Jersey EDA to Sell $59 Million for Incentives Program. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;12/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31778, p4
Reports on the marketing of a taxable state contract bonds by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. Tranche of debt to be sold to benefit on the Business Employment Incentive Program (BEIP); Incentive grants for businesses; Singing of law by Governor James E. McGreevey that allows for...
- With Its Credit Ratings Affirmed, New Jersey to Offer $490M of Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p1
Reports that the New Jersey has sold new money general obligation debt and certificates of participation. Affirmation of the AA rating of the Garden state; Spending plan of Governor James E. McGreevey; Assessment of the structural imbalance.
- Stadium Saga. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor James McGreevey has succeeded to cancel legislative bills related to the issue of bonds for the development of stadiums in New Jersey. Concerns of acting governor Donald DiFranceso related to the issue; Comments of DiFrancesco on the benefits of bills.
- N.J. Governor Eyes Tobacco For '03 Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p1
Reports the proposed budget for tobacco bonds by Governor James E. McGreevey in Trenton, New Jersey. Restructure of state authorities to help close a budget deficit; Proposal for increase in the cigarette tax; Pledge of McGreevey to support school construction program.
- New Jersey Bond Law Veto Called a Short-Term Delay. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p6
Reports that New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey has vetoed a bill that would make it easier for local governments to issue refunding bonds and permit electronic bidding. Objections regarding issuance of local pension refunding bonds; Proposals made by Local Government Services; Other...
- N.J. Legislature Weighs Smaller Cigarette Tax Hike. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the New Jersey lawmakers were debating whether or not to reduce the per-pack increase on cigarette taxes as proposed by Governor James E. McGreevey's fiscal 2005 budget. Impact of hike of cigarette taxes on bonds; Assessment of the structure of the borrowing; Evaluation of the budget.