People In The News
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the appointment of several people to different positions in the publishing company Simon & Schuster. Appointment of Robin Corey to executive vice president (VP), publisher mass market; Promotion of Jen Bergstrom as VP, associate publisher of Simon Spotlight division; Naming of Eloise...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 32, p6
The article provides publishing-related news briefs for August 6, 2012. Sales at the publisher Simon & Schuster rose in the second quarter of 2012. The publisher HarperCollins has created a Christian publishing division, which will be led by Mark Schoenwald. The publishing company F + W Media...
- Stationery Cos. Name CEOs. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May2011, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p16
The article announces appointments of several executives at Thomas Nelson Inc. including Mark Schoenwald as president and chief executive officer (CEO), Patricia Vieira as vice president of finance, and Tony Tiberii as executive corporate finance advisor.
- The Innovators. BYLE, ANN // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 35, p24
The article presents information on ways that religion publishers are producing content and marketing products in response to changes in the publishing industry. It provides details related to digital programs in publishing such as electronic books (e-books), online advertising, websites, mobile...
- IN Profile. Garrett, Lynn; Riess, Jana; Samuelson, Kathleen // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 35, p34
The article presents profiles of various publishing professionals in the religion publishing industry, with particular emphasis on Christian publishing. Mark Schoenwald, president of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, discusses efforts to promote women to managerial positions. Mary-Kathryne...
- Where the database works best in publishing. Stell, Jennifer F. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/15/99, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p76
Focuses on four executives' views of the role of databases in the publishing industry. Utilization of the database to market ancillary products; Record levels of profitability through database; Way of contacting people and targeting customers; Part of circulation marketing and advertising programs.
- CIRCULATION SALARY SURVEY. Van Dyke, Geoff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p31
Presents the result of a survey on the salaries of employees and executives in the publishing industry. Decrease in average compensation at the circulation manager level by almost eleven percent; Average salary of circulation directors; Presentation of data depicting compensation by region.
- Trading places. // MediaWeek;2/27/95, Vol. 5 Issue 9, MQ p28
Features several executives in the publishing industry. Includes Don Logan; Norman Pearlstine; Diane Oshin; Barbara Paulson; Ellen Levine; Jeannette Chang; Anne S. Fuchs; Kate White; Bonnie Fuller; Diane Silberstein; Dana Cowin; Elizabeth Crow; Alexandra Penney; Sally Koslow; Susan Ungaro;...
- Names to know now in publishing. Alexander, Sue // American Photo;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p90
Presents information on publishing executives who operate in the background of book publishing to create the text we read, describing them as creative, powerful and committed. Companies for who they work; Location of companies; Post held by the executives within the various companies. INSET:...