Barnes & Noble Store Openings Reflect Ongoing Strategy
- Brakes on '50 Shades' Costly for Bookstore Traffic. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2013, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on bookstore traffic due to book "50 Shades," by E. L. James. It says that Barnes & Noble Inc. revealed that traffic has been affected in 2013 as the book is not at the top of the lists. It states that according to the a survey, around 8% of the U.S. adult population...
- Barnes & opens Newburgh store. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p32
The article reports that Barnes & Noble Inc. booksellers will open a new store at 1245 Route 300, Union Avenue, New York. The store is hosting a preview night party at its newest location on May 17, 2005. A portion of the Preview Night sales will benefit Literacy Volunteers of America, Eastern...
- Barnes & Noble ain't dead yet. // Crain's New York Business;2/2/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the sales of bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc. the company faced a modest 7.7% decline in same-store sales. As reported, Barnes & Noble is looking better to investors, who have pushed its shares up 9% in 2009. A January 2009 report showing that fiction reading rose for the...
- Barnes & Noble opens bigger store in Manchester. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/29/2001-7/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p28
Announces the opening of a Barnes & Noble Inc. bookstore in Manchester, New Hampshire. Advantage of the store's location; Products offered by the store.
- 750,000 Books. // New Yorker;8/1/1977, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p13
The article reports on the opening of book supermarket, Barnes & Noble Inc. at Fifth Avenue in New York City. Barnes & Noble displays counters of architecture books, science fiction, textbooks, business reference books, cookbooks, art books and discounted readables. According to the edition of...
- Regional Chain Dilemma. Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p49
Analyzes the reported bankruptcies and downsizings of regional chain bookstores, calling into question their viability in the bookselling industry. Rapid growth of Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Books & Music; Regional chains facing problems in systems operations, inventory control, and...
- PENNSYLVANIA. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 38, p23
The article features the book industry in Pennsylvania. It states that Pennsylvania has two major bookselling hubs, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with nearly half of all 31 Pennsylvania Barnes & Nobles located within a 25-mile radius of the two cities. Downtown Philadelphia was also home to the...
- B&N Sales Up 8% for 2003. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the increase in sales of bookstore chain Barnes & Noble for the fiscal year 2003. Rate of increase in sales for the fourth quarter of 2003; Sales at stores open at least a year; Outlook of the company on its earnings per share.
- Barnes & Noble's Jekyll and Hyde. Kirkpatrick, David D. // New York;07/19/99, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p24
Profiles Leonard Riggio, chairman and chief executive officer of the bookstore chain Barnes & Noble Inc. His relationship with the press; Impact of the company on the bookselling industry; His family background; Career background.