Barnes & Noble Store Openings Reflect Ongoing Strategy
- Barnes & opens Newburgh store. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p32
The article reports that Barnes & Noble Inc. booksellers will open a new store at 1245 Route 300, Union Avenue, New York. The store is hosting a preview night party at its newest location on May 17, 2005. A portion of the Preview Night sales will benefit Literacy Volunteers of America, Eastern...
- Barnes & Noble's Jekyll and Hyde. Kirkpatrick, David D. // New York;07/19/99, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p24
Profiles Leonard Riggio, chairman and chief executive officer of the bookstore chain Barnes & Noble Inc. His relationship with the press; Impact of the company on the bookselling industry; His family background; Career background.
- B&N Pushes New Writers Off 'Power Aisle' Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the plan of Barnes & Noble (B&N) to move its Discover New Writers display off the front racks of many stores in the U.S. at the of May 2005. Concerns of the book industry on the plan of the bookstore; Importance of the merchandising strategy to B&N superstores; Views of independent...
- B&N Comp Sales Up 10%. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 10, p15
Deals with the increase in the sales of Barnes & Noble Inc. superstores in February 2004. Factors that contribute to the increase.
- Barnes & Noble ain't dead yet. // Crain's New York Business;2/2/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the sales of bookseller Barnes & Noble Inc. the company faced a modest 7.7% decline in same-store sales. As reported, Barnes & Noble is looking better to investors, who have pushed its shares up 9% in 2009. A January 2009 report showing that fiction reading rose for the...
- Brakes on '50 Shades' Costly for Bookstore Traffic. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2013, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on bookstore traffic due to book "50 Shades," by E. L. James. It says that Barnes & Noble Inc. revealed that traffic has been affected in 2013 as the book is not at the top of the lists. It states that according to the a survey, around 8% of the U.S. adult population...
- Barnes & Noble opens bigger store in Manchester. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/29/2001-7/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p28
Announces the opening of a Barnes & Noble Inc. bookstore in Manchester, New Hampshire. Advantage of the store's location; Products offered by the store.
- 750,000 Books. // New Yorker;8/1/1977, Vol. 53 Issue 24, p13
The article reports on the opening of book supermarket, Barnes & Noble Inc. at Fifth Avenue in New York City. Barnes & Noble displays counters of architecture books, science fiction, textbooks, business reference books, cookbooks, art books and discounted readables. According to the edition of...
- Regional Chain Dilemma. Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p49
Analyzes the reported bankruptcies and downsizings of regional chain bookstores, calling into question their viability in the bookselling industry. Rapid growth of Barnes & Noble Inc. and Borders Books & Music; Regional chains facing problems in systems operations, inventory control, and...