Penguin Group's Direct Selling Unit To Target Young Readers
- Penguin's New Direct Unit. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 29, p7
Reports on the launch of direct-selling unit Family Books at home by Penguin Group USA in the U.S. in 2004. Executives of Family Books; Percent commission and bonus to be earned by sales consultants; Views of Penguin CEO David Shanks on the target market of Family Books.
- Children's books for fall: Berkley. Lodge, Sally; Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/18/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 29, p57
Presents a list of children's books published by Berkley. `Hunter's Moon,' by Debra Doyle and James Macdonald; `No Way Out,' by Beverly Hasting; `Club Sunset Island'; `Lone Wolf'; `Friday the 13th: Tales from Camp Crystal Lake'; `Terror Academy'; `Frankenstein's Children.'
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p8
Reports international developments in book publishing industry as of September 23, 2002. Performance of A&C Black and its adult children's list of Bloomsbury; Joint venture of Egmont U.K. with its former managing director Susannah McFarlane and Hardie Grant; Promotion of Stefan McGrath to...
- Penguin Debuts Premium Paperbacks. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the introduction of the Penguin Premium paperback format by Penguin Group USA. Features of the format; List of authors whose works will be published by the company as premium editions, including Nora Roberts and Robin Cook.
- Random House Still Leading Children's Lists. // Book Publishing Report;6/5/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p6
The article presents the top publishers of children's book in the U.S. Random House Inc. tops the list due to the success of Jane O'Connor's "Fancy Nancy." Scholastic Publishing is also on top with "Owen and Mzee," by Isabella and Craig Hatkoff. Penguin Group USA Inc. holds the eight spot with...
- On the Road with Book Trucks. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;6/23/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 25, p10
The article discusses bookmobiles. Topics include the publisher Penguin Group USA's Penguin Book Truck, launched in 2013 at the publishing event BookExpo America (BEA), Bess the Book Bus, launched by Bess' president and founder Jennifer Francis, and John Gervase's launch of Big Rig Books, which...
- Da Vinci Code Still Helping Random House Rule HC Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p7
Reports on the dominance of publisher Random House Inc. in the hardcover fiction category in the U.S. Result of the popularity of the book "The Da Vinci Code," by Dan Brown; Ranking of Penguin Group USA Inc.; Citation of popular books released by Simon & Schuster Inc.
- Changes on the Children's Scene. Eccleshare, Julia // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 9, pS18
Discusses plans for business growth by the management of publishing houses for children's literature in Great Britain. Celebration held by Random House Children's Books for the sales performance of books by author Jacqueline Wilson; Appointment of executive Elaine McQuade at Puffin; Addition of...
- Penguin to stage another classic contest. // Publishers Weekly;1/8/96, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p24
Reports that Penguin Books USA Inc. is staging several promotions and a contest to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Penguin Classics. Promotional material for bookstores.