Biography Book Market Dominated By Political Figures In 2004
- RODALE'S ROSE. // Cincinnati Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p20
Pete Rose's book, "My Prison Without Bars," is being published by the Rodale Press Inc., the same company that publishes "Prevention," "Organic Gardening" and "Backpacker" magazines. Jeremy Katz is the editor of the book. Although Rodale has been working with sports and athletes for years, they...
- Rodale Readies New Pete Rose Memoir. // Book Publishing Report;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p5
Reports on the plans of Rodale Books company for the book "My Prison Without Bars," by Pete Rose and Rick Hill in the U.S. Number of copies the company planned for the first printing; Book summary; Schedule on the publication date of the book.
- My Prison Without Bars. Kuehnel, Nathan // Teen Ink;Sep2005, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p41
The article reviews the book "My Prison Without Bars," by Pete Rose with Patrick Hill.
- Rodale Swings for the Fences. // Book Publishing Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
Reports that Rodale Inc. had two of the United States' top "New York Times" bestsellers on January 25, 2004, with "My Prison Without Bars" becoming the top nonfiction hardcover title and "The South Beach Diet" marking its 21st week on top of the advice hardcover list. Number of copies in the...
- PREPUB ALERT. Rawlinson, Nora // Library Journal;5/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p60
Introduces a prepublication alert list of books as of May 15, 1989. Books relating to U.S. President Ronald Reagan; Advance payments from publishers; Publication of a second work of fiction by Patti Davis, the Reagans' daughter,.
- behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;1/19/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p18
Presents news briefs on the book industry as of January 19, 2004. List of popular books about weight loss; Success of the book "My Prison Without Bars," by Pete Rose; Total number of copies in print of the book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands," by Laura Schlessinger.
- King Baseball. McEvoy, Dermot // Publishers Weekly;3/22/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 12, p45
Features several books about baseball to be released in the U.S. in 2004. "My Prison Without Bars," by Pete Rose; "Ted Williams: The Biography of an American Hero," by Leigh Montville; "27 Men Out: Baseball's Perfect Games," by Michael Coffey.
- Fitzwater joins Bush-era book brigade. Walls, Jeannette; Gelman, Jan // New York;2/1/93, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p9
Reports that former United States presidential press secretary Marlin Fitzwater is ready to tell his story. Longtime press secretary preparing his memoirs; Secretary to Presidents George Bush and Ronald Reagan; Robert B. Barnett hired to handle details; What the insiders are saying; Details.
- Reagan's Death Prompts Publishing Surge. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;6/14/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 24, p20
Deals with the impact of the death of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan on publishers in the U.S. Information on the book "Ronald Reagan in Public: A Memoir of My Years in the White House," by Jim Kuhn; Books about Reagan which are being published by Random House; Price of the reprint of...