Mining for Street Access
- Help aluminum plants endure into the future. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/22/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 24, pA4
Editorial. Comments on the conservation of aluminum industrial plants in Spokane, Washington. Difficulty of the Pacific Northwest to keep aluminum plants; Effects on the operation of Kasier Aluminum & Chemical Corp.; Conditions on the operation of aluminum plants in the Northwest.
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/21/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 20, p12
Reports on expected issuance of an international tender in 1999 for construction of an aluminum smelter in Iran on a joint venture basis. Estimated value of the project; Location of the plant near the Jajarm alumina facility.
- Texan smelter mines its energy. // Mining & Quarry World;Jun2005, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p24
Describes the production at the aluminum of Alcoa at its smelter in Rockdale, Texas. History of the aluminum smelter; Technologies used in the smelter; Electric energy source of the smelter. INSET: Alcoa in overview.
- Century Aluminum Restarts Potline at Hawesville. // Metal Center News;Jan2011, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p42
The article reports that Century Aluminum of Kentucky, a subsidiary of aluminum manufacturer Century Aluminum Co. will resume its potline operation in Hawesville, Kentucky.
- Southern Ionics Expands Aluminum Product Line, Ups Production in La. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/19/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 12, p6
Discusses the expansion of the aluminum chemicals product line of Southern Ionics company in the United States. Volume of aluminum chloride solutions expected to be produced at the company's chemical plants in Louisiana; Industrial applications of aluminum chloride; Details on the operations of...
- Metalico Aluminum Approved to Begin Production in NY. // Foundry Management & Technology;Mar2007, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that Metalico Aluminum Recovery Inc. was issued an air permit for its new aluminum smelting plant in Dewitt, New York clearing a final regulatory hurdle for its expansion. The air permit allows for a second reverberatory furnace, a sweat furnace and a rotary furnace to be...
- Nemak Contracts for More Melting Capacity. // Foundry Management & Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 135 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the expansion project of cast aluminum automotive components manufacturer Nemak in Monterrey, Mexico. The project will be carried out in three phases with the estimated amount of $3 million to $4 million, leading to a total capacity of 225,000 pounds of aluminum per year....
- General Aluminum Wapakoneta Earns OSHA Award For Worksite Safety & Health. // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb2006, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the recognition of General Aluminum Manufacturing Co.'s facility in Wapakoneta, Ohio by the U.S. Occupational Health and Safety Administration with "star" status. The award is the top honor in the Voluntary Protections Programs promoting effective worksite-based safety and...
- France's EDF to build hydro plant in Cameroon. // Energy Today (Hungary);11/12/2013, p3
The article reports on the plan of Cameroon and Electricite de France to build a hydroelectric plant to generate 360 megawatts which will be used to double production at a major aluminium plant in 2013.