The Westfield Makeover
- REITs go shopping-for other REITs. Boswell, Brannon // Shopping Center World;Dec2002, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the search of real estate investment trusts by shopping mall owners during the Christmas season in the U.S. Refusal of the unsolicited bid of Simon Properties by Taubman Centers Chief Operating Officer Robert Taubman; Expectations of a merger wave on the slowdown in retail growth;...
- Snagging A Trophy Mall. Kirk, Patricia // Retail Traffic;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p56
Reports on the benefits that real estate investment trusts (REIT) get from trophy malls in the U.S. Stability of occupancy rates; Growth of retail REIT; Strategic acquisitions of REIT.
- Shopping for shopping malls. // Buildings;Sep93, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the practice of shopping for malls. Retail properties offered; Real estate investment trusts stock values; Financial mechanisms used to soften the blow of a poorly performing building.
- Park Mall overhaul to shake up local shopping-center scene. // Inside Tucson Business;10/13/97, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p20B
Reports that the Park Mall in Tucson, Arizona has been purchased by a real estate investment trust. Concern by real estate community about how mall will fare against its competitor General Growth Properties.
- Investors wonder if New Jersey mall could jump-start REIT-backed market. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/17/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30522, p1
Reports on real estate investment trust backed shopping mall project in New Jersey. Bonds issued by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority; Alternative minimum tax of the bonds.
- REITs See Strong Sales, More Tenants. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/21/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 58, p17
Presents updates on several real estate investment trust companies in the U.S. as of March 21, 2005. CBL & Associates Properties Inc.; Westfield Group; Simon Property Group.
- Westfield mulls over Mills Corp. // Estates Gazette;5/6/2006, Issue 619, p51
The article reports on the planned purchase of U.S.-based real estate investment trust (REIT) Mills Corp. by Australian shopping center giant Westfield in 2006. According to Westfield chairman Frank Lowry, their company has been monitoring the REIT. Mills has announced the sale of all or part of...
- An Uncommon 1031 Deal. Fickes, Michael // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p37
Features the Puente Hills Mall in the City of Industry, California. Involvement in pension fund or real estate investment trusts; Investment in a tenant-in-common structure; Mechanism individual investors to compete for major pieces of commercial real estate.
- Mall REITs test investor appetite for 'B' assets. Gose, Joe // National Real Estate Investor;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the move of most companies involved in shopping malls real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the U.S. of considering the removal of lower-quality assets from their holdings.