- Strategy & Finance. // Corporate Board;May/Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 134, p28
Reports the optimism of chief financial officers of companies on the economy and corporate earnings in the U.S. Rules on audit committees, auditors and financial reporting; Expected growth of gross domestic product; Recovery in corporate earnings.
- Private firms should revisit accounting practices. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p20
Reports on a survey of privately-held businesses which revealed that chief financial officers are implementing practice in response to corporate governance regulations in the U.S. Changes in firms' accounting procedures; Checks and balances established that integrates core business functions...
- CEO dismissal: Factors that influence the board's decision. Sonnenfeld, Jeffrey; Ward, Andrew // NACD Directorship;Apr94, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Discusses factors that influence a corporate board of directors to oust the company's chief executive officer (CEO). Includes decline in the performance of the organization; Increase in the power and activism of large institutional shareholders; CEO performance measures.
- CFOs' finance reform hits IT, staffing, costs. // Electric Light & Power;Sep2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p19
Discusses the result of a survey about chief financial officers' view of finance transformation in the U.S. Increased scrutiny of accounting practices and reporting; Demand for information; Demand for immediate positive return on investments.
- Changing profile of financial directors. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jan95, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the independent research sponsored by software company IMRS on the experiences faced by British financial directors (FDs) and managers. Examination of the profile, role and views; Time management by FDs; Involvement in information technology decision-making; Importance of global issues.
- DOUBLE-DUTY CFOs. Kelly, Susan // Treasury & Risk Management;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the perspectives of executives who serve as both chief financial officer and treasurer of a billion-dollar company in the United States. Multiple responsibilities; Relations with investors; Employee management.
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. Feng Zhen // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p39
Presents updates on the careers of financial executives in the U.S. as of April 2003. Appointment of Daniel Streek as controller and Cameron Bready as global chief risk officer of Mirant Corp.; Appointment of C. Christopher Gaut as chief financial officer of Halliburton Co.; Appointment of...
- The board and the CFO. Pomeroy, Lee // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 16 Issue 90, p9
Focuses on the corporate board's beneficial relationship with their chief financial officers (CFO). Inclusion of CFOs in planning; Addition of CFOs to the corporate board; Need for better dialogue between the board and CFO; Corporate reliance on the CFO in the development and implementation of...
- The Bottom Line. // Finweek;6/20/2013, p62
The comic strip "The Bottom Line" is presented.