IPOs IN THE U.S
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 30, p15
Highlights initial public offerings between February-July 2004. Companies that launched the IPO; Offer date; Offer price; Percent change.
- Spy Eyeing Chance For Public Offering. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
The article reports that Spy Optic Inc., a sunglass and goggle maker, is palling to go public. The company described plans for a $21 million initial public offering in a statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on September 15, 2004. The date of the start of its stock...
- INVESTOR PARTICIPATION IN INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS. SCHWARTZ, KYLE J. // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jan2016, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p563
The author examines the process for initial public offering (IPO) and discusses theories that offer varying explanations for IPO underpricing. Topics discussed include enactment of Securities Act of 1933; laws related to distribution of shares of IPO; and need of unbiased lottery system for...
- THE NEXT STEP. Roberts, Craig // BRW;10/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p50
Focuses on the decision of several of the fastest-growing companies to go public in the Australian Stock Exchange. Thoughts of Supply Chain Consulting Inc. CEO Tony Carr on the advantages and benefits of going public; Assessment of the business plans of Australian Finance Group to expand the...
- IPO frenzy has fizzled in Westchester. Khan, Kathy // Westchester County Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p21
Focuses on the failure of the initial public offering (IPO) craze in Westchester, New York. Complexities of investing in initial public offerings; Caution exercised by companies and investors before getting into high-risk investments; Guidelines for potential investors in IPO.
- Measuring the Marketing Impacts of Initial Public Offering. Jae H. Song; Yinsog Rhee; Adams, Carl R. // Business Renaissance Quarterly;Winter2008, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p87
An earlier paper (Song, Rhee & Adams, 2001) on initial public offering (IPOs) demonstrated that IPOs have significant marketing effects in terms of an increase in revenue from products and services. This paper presents an estimate of the value of the marketing effects. The substantial magnitude...
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/20/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p15
The article present a list of the most recent 100 initial public offerings closed on February 15, 2006 in the U.S. It includes the Morgans Hotel Group, Magellan Midstream Holdings, Resource Capital, Smart Modular Technologies, and Western Refining.
- INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS. // San Diego Business Journal;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p15
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of initial public offerings based on the dollar amount of the 2003 offerings in San Diego, California.
- GEOGRAPHIC DISTANCE AND M&A MARKETS: IPOS AS INFORMATION DIFFUSION MECHANISMS. Ragozzino, Roberto; Reuer, Jeffrey J. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2006, pF1
We examine acquisitions of small firms after they undergo an IPO. Drawing from studies that examine geographic distance as a source of adverse selection, we argue that IPOs can provide signals that mitigate the effects of information asymmetry and draw in more distant bidders. The findings...