FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p32
Provides statistics regarding the bond market in the United States, compiled as of July 23, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Visible supply rises.
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p30
This article presents information on several bonds in the U.S. bond market.
- Philippines Global 25 Breaks Support. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the performance of the Global 25 bond of the Philippines. Factors influencing the performance of the bond; Value of the Philippine peso.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 2. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p2
Provides information on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of March 2, 2004. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Bond Buyer's 3-day visible supply.
- Midwest Sales Inch Up. Devitt, Caitlin; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32815, p1
The article reports on the increase of tobacco bond sale in 2007 in the Midwest U.S. The sale increase by 1 percent which issues $74 billion of bonds, compared to the $73.3 billion issued in 2006. Borrowing respectively increases to $16.8 billion and $17.6 billion in the first and second...
- Osborne considers launch of 100-year bond. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/14/2012, p21
The article reports that British Chancellor George Osborne aims to launch a Government bond with a repayment date lasting 100 years. According to some reports, the Chancellor also wants to test the case for launching perpetuals, bonds that pay interest indefinitely, with the principal never...
- California's Deficit Bonds: The Deal That Couldn't Fail, and Didn't. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;Deal of The Year Awards, p10
Reports on the multibillion dollar economic recovery bond sold by the state of California that helps the state to avoid a liquidity crisis and buying it some more time to try an put its fiscal house in order. Contention of a conservative legal group that the bonding plan has violated the...
- Munis Finish Weaker Despite Rebound In Treasuries; China Rate Hike Eyed. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of October 28, 2004. Description of the government bonds; Impact of a move higher on Treasuries on some of the more liquid municipal bonds; Effect of news on an interest rate hike in China on government bonds.
- Brazil: Weak Buyback, But Still A Win-Win. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/19/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p15
Contends that the weak response of bondholders to Brazil's offer to buy back sovereign bonds is a sign of confidence in Brazilian sovereigns. Assessment of the sentiment of investors towards the bonds; Speculation on the plan of the Brazilian government regarding American dollar-denominated...