Wave of Lawsuits Could Hurt Hospitals' Bottom Lines, Raters Warn
- TIP: PARTNERSHIPS FOR CHARITY. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Feb2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
The article comments on the Los Angeles based Starlight Children's Foundation. The Foundation focuses on improving the quality of life of seriously ill children by delivering a variety of in-hospital and out-patient distractive entertainment. proceeds from each vehicle. The Foundation's current...
- WEDLI, Web, checks, Jets. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/14/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 16, p52A
The article reports developments related to non-profit organizations in New York. Suffolk County National Bank have raised 1,220 dollars donated to the 'Go Red for Women Day of the American Association. Winthrop-University Hospital in cooperation with New York Jets center Kevin Mawae held its...
- Disturbing New Legal Criteria for Nonprofits. Hopkins, Bruce R. // Nonprofit World;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p31
Examines the legal definition and criteria of nonprofit hospitals in the case of tax exemption in the U.S. Debates on the status of nonprofit hospitals as charitable just in the case of "Utah County v. Intermountain Health Care, Inc."; Definition and concept of nonprofit hospitals in the Utah...
- NOT-FOR-PROFITS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/10/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 58, p36A
Reports on developments concerning the nonprofit sector in Long Island, New York as of December 2004. Christmas activities of the Salvation Army; Description of the gift baskets sold by the Suffolk County Association for the help of Retarded Children; Fundraising project launched by Whole Foods...
- FYI. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p47
The article offers news briefs related to charity works. ABC26 and CW38 began the 11th annual "Bruce's Coats for Kids" coat drive that collects coats for less fortunate in New Orleans area. Winn-Dixie Foundation gave $25,000 check each to five nonprofit hospitals, institutions and foundations....
- Long Island's NFPs A to Z. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/10/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 24, p8B
Lists nonprofit organizations in Long Island, New York. Location; Services provided; Contact information.
- HOLIDAY WISH LIST. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p40
The article lists several nonprofit organizations in Indianapolis, Indiana which includes Alternatives Inc., At-Your-School Inc., Cats Haven Ltd., Barbara Wills, Circle Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, and Civil Air Patrol.
- Are there too many nonprofits? Alley, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;7/31/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
The author reflects on the growing number of nonprofit organizations in the Tucson, Arizona. He explained that people should be more concerned about the effectiveness of an organization before they giving their support. The Community Foundation for Southern Arizona and the United Way of Tucson...
- Not-For-Profit Agencies. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/12/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 51, Special section p20
Presents a list of nonprofit organizations in Long Island, New York as of November 18, 2004. American Jewish Committee; Bryant Library; Cradle of Aviation.