Municipal Yields Rise at a Faster Rate Than Treasuries
- Munis Fall for Third Straight Day; Gwinnett County, Ga., COPs Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p2
Announces that municipal bonds fell for the third consecutive session in the U.S. Status of the consumer price index for the month of March 2004; Factors that led the bond market to re-assess the possible timing and extent of an interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve; Tentative price for the...
- Market Post: Munis Give Sigh of Relief as Yields Firm. Bonello, Maria; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;3/17/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34076, p11
The article reports that yields of municipal bonds in the U.S. were stable on March 14, 2014 following a rally in Treasuries the previous day. It notes that issuance increased for the fifth straight week, accounted for by rising volume. It asserts that the increase in volume was partly due to...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, May 10. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p2
The article presents statistical information depicting trends in the municipal bonds of the U.S.
- Pennsylvania to Competitively Sell $275M of Debt Next Week. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p3
Reports on Pennsylvania's plan to competitively price new-money general obligation debt in June 2004 as part of the commonwealth's routine borrowing plans. Sale of the 20-year fixed-rate bonds on June 8 and is scheduled to close on June 17; Ratings assigned by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's...
- Munis Soften, Treasuries Down Again; Market Girds for Employment Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p2
Highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 2, 2004. Total amount of new issues sold in the market; Expected release of the May employment report, and its implications for the bond market; Expected increase in May payrolls; Repricing of serials; Total amount of...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, June 2. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p2
Presents a chart on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 2, 2004, which includes government securities prices and the Municipal Bond Index.
- Munis Unchanged in Modest Trading; Greenspan Remarks Affect Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Reports on the trading performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of June 8, 2004. Level of trading activities in the municipal bond market; Impact of the cautionary comments from the Federal Reserve Board on the trading of municipal bonds; Details on bond prices.
- Minis Climb for 6th Straight Session; Jabs Data, Terror Scare Aid Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p2
Reports on the growth of municipal bonds in the U.S. market as of May 27, 2004. Impact of reports on explosives near Bratislava, Slovakia on the treasury market; Rise in the inventories contributing to upward revision of the first quarter economic growth; Top performers in the market.
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;5/11/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32130, p25
The article presents statistical information related to municipal bonds in the U.S.