House Panel OKs $37.7B for HUD, With $14.7B for Section 8
- Congress tackles appropriations for federal programs... Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;9/15/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p1023
Reports on the appropriations for US Federal Programs for fiscal year 1998 by the Congressional Appropriations Committees. Implication of the agenda to the family practice education; Importance of the Title VII Public Health Service grant funds.
- BRIEFLY. Needham, Vicki // Hill;2/10/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p4
The article announces the release of the partial listing of spending cuts for federal funds by the U.S. House Committee on Appropriations by the Republicans which proposed a reduction of 74 billion dollars on federal spending.
- Committee's health care funding bill. // AHA News;7/26/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p3
Provides information on the U.S. House Appropriations Committee's health care funding under the fiscal year 2005 appropriations bill. Increase in funding for nurse loan repayment and scholarships; Funding for Ryan White AIDS programs and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration...
- House panel maintains Sec. 1011 funding. // AHA News;3/19/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House Appropriations Committee approved an emergency supplemental spending bill for the war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. The provision aimed to reclaim and use for other purposes unspent funds allocated to hospitals in fiscal years 2005 and 2006 under...
- (CHILD NUTRITION) WIC Administrative Costs Wrongly Pegged at 40 Percent. // Children & Youth Funding Report;7/8/2011, p2
The article reports that the House Appropriations Committee has approved the 2012 Agriculture appropriations bill that provides for cuts in Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). Under the bill, funding for WIC is recommended at 5.9 billion dollars, which is down from 6.7...
- House and Senate votes next for USDA spending bill. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;11/15/2011, p10
The article reports that U.S. House Appropriations Committee Chairman Harold Rogers has introduced the final conference report for a three-bill appropriations package for the remainder of fiscal year (FY) 2012. Agriculture agencies and programs will receive a total of 136.6 billion dollars in...
- Election-Year Budgeting. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;5/29/2010, p7
The article elaborates on the critique made by Democrat Representative David Price regarding the congressional budget and appropriations process in the U.S., which was published in an online issue of "The Forum." He expressed his worry about partisanship on the House Appropriations Committee. He...
- House Leaders Push Expedited Carriage-Complaint Process. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p6
The article presents information on a request from the U.S. House Appropriations Committee to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the expedition of program-carriage complaint resolution and passing an FCC appropriations bill.
- DEAR FCC,. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p6
The article discusses the recommendations from the U.S. House Appropriations Committee to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding FCC appropriations bills and program-carriage decisions.