House Appropriations Approves New Spending Package
- GOP Thwarts Attempt to Maintain Amtrak Funding Level. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32159, p5
This article reports that republican leaders of the House Appropriations Committee defeated a Democratic proposal to overturn a $650 million cut to the company Amtrak that is included in the fiscal 2006-funding package for the U.S. Department of Transportation and other agencies. The committee's...
- $3 million fuels bus garage, train station projects. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p5
Presents information on federal funds from the House Transportation Appropriations Committee to be used to renovate the Westchester County bus garage and New Rochelle train station. Help obtained from Committee member Congresswoman Nita Lowley; What the proposed intermodal facility at New...
- Senate acts on transport spending bills. // Traffic World;07/28/97, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the transportation spending bills approved by the Senate Appropriations Committee during July 1997. Elimination of nearly all capital improvement spending for Amtrak; Increased overall funding for the Transportation Department.
- House Appropriations Chair Admits $31.8B Outlay is Unlikely This Year. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p5
Reports that according to the U.S. House Appropriations Committee, provision of an outlay of $31.8 billion for highway programs in fiscal 2002 is unlikely. Plans of the U.S. government to reduce domestic spending; Concern of local and state transportation officials regarding sanction of the...
- Appropriators kill STB fee plan; cut FHWA, FAA. Barnes, David // Traffic World;6/17/96, Vol. 246 Issue 12, p12
Reports on actions of the Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee of the House of Representatives on proposed transportation-related bills. Rejection of the proposed funding of the Surface Transportation Board through new user fees; Rejection of Federal Highway Administration's request for...
- Shuster gives his views on renewing ISTEA. // Traffic World;5/6/96, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p11
Reports that when the House reauthorizes the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act in 1997 in the United States, the Intelligent Transportation Systems and metropolitan planning organizations will be under scrutiny. Comments from Bud Shuster, the House Transportation Committee...
- House panel approves $52B transportation, housing spending bill. Wasson, Erik // Hill;5/8/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 56, p14
The article reports that the U.S. House Appropriations subcommittee approved the transportation and housing spending bill worth 52 billion dollars in the U.S.
- House Subcommittee Approves $55 Billion Spending Increase. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p5
Reports that the United States House Appropriations Committee's transportation committee's approval of 55 billion dollar spending increase on transportation programs. Increase of highway constructions; Increase of aviation, highway and rail safety.
- Jerry Lewis Picked as New Chairman Of House Appropriations Committee. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/6/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32044, p6
The article reports that House Republican leaders selected Representative Jerry Lewis, Republican from California, to take over as chairman of the Appropriations Committee. The committee, which holds the nation's purse strings, is important because it has jurisdiction over funding of the highway...