House GOP Leaders Close to Deal on Six-Year Plan
- House funds BART project. // Human Events;10/9/93, Vol. 53 Issue 41, p23
Reports on the House of Representatives' rejection of an amendment to the Transportation Appropriations bill (HR 2750). Appropriation of funds for the San Francisco Airport Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Extension Project and the Tasman Corridor Light Rail Line (LRL) Project; Pros and cons to the...
- Conservatives accuse highway chairman of corruption as GOP Congress passes record $218-billion transport bill. Catanzaro, Michael J. // Human Events;04/10/98, Vol. 54 Issue 14, p4
Focuses on the passage of the Building Efficient Surface Transportation and Equity Act in the House of Representatives in the United States. Budget allocated in the transportation reauthorization bill; Allegations of corruption made by legislators who are against the bill; Percentage of the...
- House refuses to kill transportation pork. // Human Events;04/17/98, Vol. 54 Issue 15, p23
Reports that the United States House of Representatives rejected an amendment by Representative Lindsey Graham which would have eliminated multi-billion dollars from the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (HR 2400). Views of Representative Michael Castle on the amendment and the...
- Big agenda gets rolling. // Hill;4/8/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p16
The article reports that lawmakers in the U.S. House will consider to approve transportation legislation.
- S. 808 substantially changes Surface Transportation Board. // Railway Age;Jan2016, Vol. 217 Issue 1, p12
A summary is presented for the Senate Bill 808, the Surface Transportation Act of 2015, by the U.S. House of Representatives on December 10, 2015.
- A new brew of ISTEA. Barnes, David // Traffic World;Oct97, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p19
Discusses the US House Transportation Committee's addition of provisions to the Building Efficient Surface Transportation and Equity Act (BESTEA). Amendment of legislation reauthorizing highway and mass transit programs; Review of safety benefits by the US Department of Transportation;...
- Transportation bill passes House committee. // Texas Agriculture Magazine;2/17/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p4
A summary is presented of the bill H. R. 7, the American Energy and Infrastructure Jobs Act, prepared by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- ISTEA reauthorization clears House. // Railway Age;May98, Vol. 199 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the passing of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) reauthorization by the US House of Representatives in April 1998. Earmarks for the mass transit program; Provision of the bill.
- Governors ask House panel for less mandates, more flexibility. Barnes, David // Traffic World;2/6/95, Vol. 241 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the appearance of five governors at a hearing called by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Governors' call for increased flexibility in using federal transportation money and implementing government mandates; Surface transportation goals conveyed by the governors.