MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 22
- Munis Stabilize After Two-Day Sell-Off, But Caution Remains. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31932, p2
Reveals that the municipal bond market stabilized after a two-day sell-off and bonds were quoted higher in price on the back of marginal gains in Treasuries. Investors' seizing of the opportunity provided by early equity losses and weaker leading indicators.
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 2. // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p2
Provides information on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of March 2, 2004. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Bond Buyer's 3-day visible supply.
- Municipals Gain a Positive Tone; Hefty New York, Texas Deals Price. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31912, p2
Reports on the outcome of the bond trading during the June 23, 2004 trading session in the U.S. Drift in government bonds during the first part of the session; Percentage acquired by indirect bidders which include foreign central banks and clients of primary dealers; Reports of selective selling...
- Municipals Unchanged as LIPA, Missouri, Rhode Island Sell Deals. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p2
There was moderate trading of municipal bonds while the Long Island Power Authority in New York, the Missouri Housing Development Commission, and the Rhode Island Refunding Bond Authority entered the new-issue market. Treasuries were mostly higher, gaining ground on weak economic data and the...
- Munis Firm But Lag Taxables as Investors Wait for FOMC Meeting. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds on September 20, 2004 in the U.S. Weak performance of the market compared to the Treasury market; Decline in municipal bonds yield in previous weeks; Comments of several financial executives regarding the Federal Open Market Committee meeting.
- Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market on November 8, 2004 after a strong employment report in the U.S. Continued pressure on the market due to expected interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Limited trading activity due to wide bid-ask spreads; Need to reevaluate the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p2
Delves into the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2004 in the U.S. Amount of money gained in major new loans; Issue of inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy; Views of people regarding the economy in general.