NEWS IN BRIEF
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, May 3. // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p2
Presents charts depicting the bond market snapshot as of May 3, 2004 in the U.S. Economic indicators; Details of government securities prices.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Bond Buyer;8/06/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31693, p2
Presents information about bond market on August 5, 2003 in the U.S. Economic indicators; Municipal bond Index; Government securities prices.
- Indexes Rise as Yields Stay the Same or Climb During Week. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32865, p7
The article reports on the performance of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly yield indexes in the U.S. The weekly yield indexes increased this fourth week of April 2008, as tax-exempt yields either remained unchanged or climb higher in each of the week's sessions, and a weaker tone permeated...
- Quest for Cash, Lack of Confidence Bump Bond Buyer 40 Bond Index. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32982, p28
The article reports on the bond index in the U.S. The index rose a whopping 65 basis points in the second week of October 2008 and finished with a yield to maturity of 6.74%. The yield to maturity for the index increased to 6.54% on October 10 compared with 5.89% the week before, 5.37% a month...
- Indexes Dip With Market Back Lip to Speed After Holiday Hush. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32542, p7
The article presents information about the performance of the bond market in January 2007 following a series of holidays in the U.S. A series of economic indicators have pushed weekly yield indexes down. According to Evan Rourke, municipal market strategist at Popular Securities, overall yield...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p33
Presents charts and a graph depicting the indicators in the bond market U.S. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields.
- Munis Firmer; Investors' Response to Data Muted. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matfhew // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p2
The article presents a perspective concerning the bond market in the U.S. for June to August 2006. The treasury market showed some little gains on August 31 and the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note finished at 4.73%. The economic data released showed that personal income increased...
- Munis Soften as Primary Takes in $1B. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p2
The article focuses on the economic impact of more than $1 billion issuances on the activities of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of January 10, 2007. In the new-issue market, Lehman Brothers priced $442 million of medical center pooled revenue bonds for the Regents of the University of...
- Debt man talking. Revell, Janice // Fortune;1/7/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on what the bond market reveals about stocks. Why a steep yield curve and narrowing credit spreads bode well for stocks; What the bond market is telling us about the United States economy.