Hub Airports Remain Concerned By US Airways Financial Problems
- S&P Keeps Optimistic Outlook on Airport Debt. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p4
Reports on Standard & Poor's outlook on the credit quality of airport bonds in the U.S. Threat posed by the potential fallout from financially troubled airlines; Standard & Poor's analysis of passenger traffic in airports.
- Analysts Watching US Airways Impact of Pittsburgh Airport. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p1
Relates the views of credit analysts on reviewing the financial status of the Allegheny County Airport Authority as US Airways Inc. moves forward with plans to trim service at Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania. Tentative plans of the airline to cut daily departures out of...
- Lowering Costs for Flights Across the Border. Lott, Steve; Stalnaker, Tom // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/6/2005, Vol. 162 Issue 23, p41
This article informs that in the past two years, the six carriers have cut international unit costs, excluding fuel, by 8.5%. The data also show that the airlines, American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, United Airlines Inc. and US Airways Inc., posted an $825-million operating profit last year...
- AIRFARE SPECIALS. // LocumLife;Nov2006, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p13
This article offers information on the travel packages being offered by several airlines. An airfare package to Shanghai, China with nonstop service from Chicago, Illinois is being offered by American Airlines Vacations. The airfare package of Southwest Airlines is detailed. US Airways had...
- Flying to Jamaica? The Sky's the Limit. // Travel Agent;11/9/2009 Supplement, Vol. 335, Special section p2
The article offers information on various air services to Jamaica. JetBlue Airways Corp. serves from Boston, Massachusetts and Orlando, Florida to Montego Bay, Jamaica and John F. Kennedy International Airport while US Airways Inc. serves from Phoenix, Arizona to Montego Bay. It adds that...
- Transfer targets. Andersson, Alex // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Oct2012, p84
The article reports on developments and upgrades being conducted at several airports as they shift into becoming major connection points for intercontinental travel. Some of the shortest direct flight times between Europe and Asia is being provided by the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport....
- McCarran Int'l Airport Traffic Declines 15.2%. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/30/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p7
The article reports that air trips via McCarran International Airport fell by 15.2% in February 2009. There have been 3 million arrivals and departures. Travel volume for five carriers all decreased for the month, with US Airways seeing the largest drop, at 34.5%. Traffic for the first two month...
- Las Vegas popular despite airline woes. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;9/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the status of airlines in Nevada. Disadvantages experienced by airlines in the area; Financial problems facing National United and U.S. Airways.
- Us Airways Launched Daily Non-stop Service To Sao Paulo From Charlotte. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;Jul2013, p67
The article reports on the non-stop travel service offered by US Airways Inc. from Charlotte, North Carolina to the Sao Paulo Airport in Sao Paolo, Brazil.