ACA Announces Capital Infusion
- Govt of Aruba Gets Done at $95M. Clouse, Carol J. // Private Placement Letter;8/26/2013, p3
The article reports on the security deals of the Government of Aruba which raised $95 million on the U.S. private placement market. It mentions that the transaction priced in two tranches including a $43 million seven year at 325 bps over Treasurys and a $52 million 12 year at 335 bps over the...
- Picking Through the Pieces. K. M. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/24/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that private equity buyers in the U.S. remain poised to pick up certain assets. It notes that the collapse of Bear Stearns hardened the resolve of many to steer clear of the troubled financial services sector. It adds that banks are looking to unload assets or smaller...
- Managers to feel effects of equity research pact. Crawford, Gregory // Pensions & Investments;8/23/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p12
The final piece of last year's $1.4 billion settlement between regulators and 10 top Wall Street brokerage firms over their equity research practices was put in place last month, but ramifications for institutional money managers are just beginning to be felt. In April 2003, the 10 firms settled...
- Clintrak attracts Bear Stearns infusion. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/19/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 54, p1A
Reports that Clintrak Pharmaceutical Services has reeled from Bear Stearns private equity fund. Plan of Clintrak to use the money to buy equipment and expand services in Bohemia, Czech Republic; Role of Clintrak in providing services for clinical trials; Services of Clintrak.
- Bear Merchant Banking Goes Solo. Holman, Kelly; Macfadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/9/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the plan of Bear Stearns Merchant Banking (BSMB), the private equity affiliate of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., to form an independent investment firm in New York. Accordingly, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. will become the largest investor in the new investment firm, a very...
- Private equity: No one is safe! Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/12/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the claim of Telly Zachariades, global head of chemicals at Bear Stearns, that private equity is poised to go after a slew of chemical industry deals in 2007. According to Bear Stearns, the announced chemical deals by private equity firms have surged in recent years, from...
- Giuliani Takes To the Street. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/4/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 31, p4
Presents the life history of former mayor of New York City Rudolph Giuliani. Professional background of Giuliani; Achievements of Giuliani during his term as a mayor of New York; Role of Giuliani in helping the U.S.-based Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. to launch a private equity fund.
- 3Qs With... NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p8
An interview with Nick Leopard, founder of the financial service company Accordion Partners, is presented. He states that his company's CFO Leadership Services helps to professionalize portfolio companies' financial areas. He mentions that private equity (PE) companies wants their management...
- Bear Wooing Venture Capitalists To Gain in Investment Banking. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;2/28/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 40, p1
Discloses the plans of Bear Stearns Cos. to enhance its efforts to attract investment banking business. Hiring of Jerry Newman to head its venture capital coverage effort; Efforts of investment banks to enter the late rounds of financing for venture capital companies.